Allderdice High School Reviews

I've had a good experience overall. Like all schools, there are bad teachers and staff that can add to frustration. The bathrooms are horrible, most do not have locks on doors. That said, the quality of education is decent, but only if you are in advanced classes.
Amazing AP teachers and a wide variety of advanced classes offered. Lots of opportunities. Run down facility, expected of a public school. Very large. Great if you qualify for CAS/AP classes, but a very different experience if not. As an AP student, I've received a good education, and I believe it is better than the other schools in the district. I can't speak much for the students who aren't enrolled in the advanced classes
My time at Allderdice has helped me learn a lot of things. The education at the school is really what you make of it, you have to really work to be able to get something out of it. You have to be able to go out and use what Allderdice has given you and turn it into your own. Their is lots of distractions and it is very easy to not get caught in the midst of it all. In many ways I believe Allderdice however has prepped me for the real world, being intermixed with all sorts of different people from various socioeconomic backgrounds, and learning to adapt to interacting with many different types of people have shown me what it is like to be apart of a real society rather than a closed off group of people with similar backgrounds, which is what most high schools are like. Allderdice gave me expose to lots of things that I believe will benefit me in the long run.
Start Your Review of Allderdice High School
Only shooting stars break the mold
My experience at Allderdice was at best interesting and at worst extremely long and drawn out. Allderdice was a privilege school, they let certain students get away with whatever they wanted to do because there parents had money or because their parents came to all the school events. The teaching wasn’t that good either but if you graduated you made it out.
My experience overall was okay. I learned a lot , did a lot , was in a lot . There was trouble with a few but that's everywhere, I managed and graduated with a 3.2 GPA along with being in the National Honors Society & Accpeted into PennState Altoona and on my second year!
Allderdice was a very happy environment to go to school in. There were countless advisors and educators that were there for the students when it was time to apply to and decide on colleges. The CAS (center for advanced studies) program was outstanding, and helped narrow down my interests for my future education and occupation.
Only shooting stars break the mold
I loved attending Allderdice ! They'res so much diversity and groups you can hang out with. everyone is very helpful , you can truly tell teachers care for you !
They are a very diverse school and in the center of a good , bustling neighborhood. The staff is nice and there is not a lot of violence there. The food is not too great but it is free food so you can't complain. The bathrooms for girls are pretty dirty and rundown which is a problem but they try to fix them up once in a while. The class sizes aren't too big which is good and they offer many different classes and levels of the classes to take.
Only shooting stars break the mold
Very diverse and you get to meet a lot of new people. There are a lot of great opportunities that come along with going to Taylor Allderdice High school. The relationships I've built are good ones that will stay with me forever.
it had a lot of diversity, you got to meet new people and see new faces everyday. one thing id change is putting air conditioner into the building.
I like Allderdice because all the teachers are nice and they really want you to do your best. They will always help you if you needed help.
The first time that I enter that school it was three years ago from now and just came from Congo. That school has show me how people can be united even that we are not from the same country or don't look the same, I was well welcome in that school and has learn a lot. And I'm just really think full & pround to be a student of allderdice high school and if you ask me if what can I change about that school? I will say nothing because that school is perfect the way it is .
Outdated or out of use engineering equipment. Caring teachers. Some racism. Great sports. Does not excel in college readiness.
Start Your Review of Allderdice High School
I liked the pride at allderdice. Seemed like everyone who went there or graduated was happy to go there even if some days people don't want to be there.
I loved it there! Most of my best experiences was from Allderdice. I had no issues there. Everyone was very helpful from the security to the lunch ladies. I had a few problems there but it was nothing to ruin my opinion about the high school.
The sports are the most competitive and exciting things at Allderdice we have so much school spirit that only Allderdice Dragons would understand.