Allatoona High School Reviews

Its a really great school , academically it is the best ,they have a very good teachers.The Staff is very freindly .
I have created very close relationships with my teachers. I talk to my 10th grade chemistry teacher once or twice a week. Overall it’s a wonderful school and a beautiful campus.
The students that go to Allatoona are very into school spirit and are not afraid to show it. The majority of the teachers are very easy to get along with and can be easy going at times. The work and the curriculum is pretty vigorous, and the teachers expect the best. Allatoona has recently started to do thins thing called "Buc Block" it's a time for study and to help kids who are failing to get their grade up. This program is fairly new and not many people are satisfied with it, me being one of them. People for some reason get assigned to the wrong class even though you were one of the first people to sign up for it, and freshman and sophomores get put into a class for seniors that they didn't sign up for. It's an all around good concept, but no one knows what they are doing. All and all Allatoona is a pretty great school and the Administration is pretty chill and can make jokes with the students and preform at pep rallies.
Start Your Review of Allatoona High School
I love Allatoona, because for me, it is like a family. I remember one time during my freshmen year, I was sitting by myself at lunch, because my friend that I usually sat with was with the marching band for a competition, and a junior came up to me and asked if I wanted to sit with her friends and herself. It made me feel good to know that people were always watching out for me, even if I did not know them and vice versa.
The system of learning makes it easier for the students, however, this school seems to care more about the athletic department than most others.
This school is a very entertaining place. The people are generally very friendly and the classes aren't to bad. Only problem is admin isn't really in control of students.
The school is beautiful and always updated. Many things were heard by seniors and should be able to control them.
My experience attending Allatoona has been pretty good. I have had terrible experiences with this school, but i have also experienced some great ones. Some improvements I would suggest are better math teachers and department in whole, more/different counselors due to the fact that the couselors currently complain about their jobs being too overwhelming, and maybe in the future more career pathway classes. Allatoona does have good qualities though like a great library complete with books, ipads, and computers; good health options offered at lunch, and programs like dual enrollment are offered.
Allatoona High School is a fantastic school that has been known for its academics and excellence in sports. I enjoy attending Allatoona because the students are welcoming, friendly to one another, and, most importantly, united. Our school is one of the most professional and organized schools in the country, and we have been recognized for that. It's empowering to know that I can have pride in my school. However, there is one change that I would like to see happen. There are a few teachers that seem to have little interest in allowing the students to fully absorb the information. Many students complain of their teachers' lack of care if we pass or fail the class.
I really enjoyed Allatoona for my first 2 years, until our old principal retired and a new one took over. He was cruel, to say the least, and I wish he never took over.
i was not a fan of Allatoona high school. i was apart of the first graduating class in 2010 and is was very unpleasant being that i was 1 of 29 African American students. There was a lot of racial tension and id divided are student body. it took away from are over all high school experience. I have heard things have changed a little, but given that we were the first hightschool graduating class. i think we were looked at as the Ginny pigs. the rules were very strict. no sweat pants, no flipflops, no headphones. no child youth basically.
was like any other school, had some good and some bad teachers and the food sucked but i enjoyed going there and made some great friends doing so.
Allatoona HS was a great learning institution. The faculty and staff were very professional and willing to assist when needed.
Over all my years in High school weren't bad. The teacher are all really good, however like everyschool in general there are those you want to avlid. Allatoona is a big sports based school, so academics aren't top of the line. However that kinda changed my senior year when we got a new principal. Now students are encourage to maintain good grades in order to play sports unlike previously where lines were blurred when it came to that type of thing. All I have to say is don't join the band program. It's not worth your time and definitely not worth your money. If you are districted for thay school and you love music switch schools. I was in the band and every year it only went down hill. Like I said it is a highly based sports school. But overall my high school days weren't tragic.
Allatoona High School is a great school with a very driven faculty in terms of getting a student to become the best that they can possibly be.
Allatoona is overall a really good school. Most of the teachers are great. There are some who are a bit unprofessional. It is evident that teachers, counselors, and administrators genuinely care about the well-being of students.
I love high school as much as i possibly could. I had many great teachers who were really influential in my life and wanted to see me succeed. The school is very nice and clean and there are many activities to get involved in.
Start Your Review of Allatoona High School
The school was beautiful and clean. Some teachers were hidden gems, but some were just downright rude. One teacher accused me of skipping class when I came in with hospital bracelets! Extra help is hard to find without being treated like a child or like you're completely incompetent. Counseling is a mess and hard to track down.
Over all Allatoona is a pretty great school. The kids here are absolutely great. Allatoona has hard working kids and for the most part we all get a long. Allatoona is a place where I feel very safe and secure. I have only ever heard of two fights at my school while I have been here for four years. There are only a handful of teachers that are phenomenal. Some teachers there really should not be teaching but no school is perfect. I never really agreed with the dress code, and I don't really see a need for one. The rigor of the courses here at Allatoona get the students fully prepared for college. I took all Honors and AP classes and I feel very prepared for college.
The teachers are well educated in their fields, the fine arts programs are great. I was in the orchestra and absolutely loved it, our director made it something enjoyable ad creative, and is part of the reason I'm pursuing music in college.