Allatoona High School Reviews

The system of learning makes it easier for the students, however, this school seems to care more about the athletic department than most others.
This school is a very entertaining place. The people are generally very friendly and the classes aren't to bad. Only problem is admin isn't really in control of students.
The school is beautiful and always updated. Many things were heard by seniors and should be able to control them.
Review Allatoona High School
My experience attending Allatoona has been pretty good. I have had terrible experiences with this school, but i have also experienced some great ones. Some improvements I would suggest are better math teachers and department in whole, more/different counselors due to the fact that the couselors currently complain about their jobs being too overwhelming, and maybe in the future more career pathway classes. Allatoona does have good qualities though like a great library complete with books, ipads, and computers; good health options offered at lunch, and programs like dual enrollment are offered.
Allatoona High School is a fantastic school that has been known for its academics and excellence in sports. I enjoy attending Allatoona because the students are welcoming, friendly to one another, and, most importantly, united. Our school is one of the most professional and organized schools in the country, and we have been recognized for that. It's empowering to know that I can have pride in my school. However, there is one change that I would like to see happen. There are a few teachers that seem to have little interest in allowing the students to fully absorb the information. Many students complain of their teachers' lack of care if we pass or fail the class.
I really enjoyed Allatoona for my first 2 years, until our old principal retired and a new one took over. He was cruel, to say the least, and I wish he never took over.
i was not a fan of Allatoona high school. i was apart of the first graduating class in 2010 and is was very unpleasant being that i was 1 of 29 African American students. There was a lot of racial tension and id divided are student body. it took away from are over all high school experience. I have heard things have changed a little, but given that we were the first hightschool graduating class. i think we were looked at as the Ginny pigs. the rules were very strict. no sweat pants, no flipflops, no headphones. no child youth basically.
was like any other school, had some good and some bad teachers and the food sucked but i enjoyed going there and made some great friends doing so.
Allatoona HS was a great learning institution. The faculty and staff were very professional and willing to assist when needed.
Over all my years in High school weren't bad. The teacher are all really good, however like everyschool in general there are those you want to avlid. Allatoona is a big sports based school, so academics aren't top of the line. However that kinda changed my senior year when we got a new principal. Now students are encourage to maintain good grades in order to play sports unlike previously where lines were blurred when it came to that type of thing. All I have to say is don't join the band program. It's not worth your time and definitely not worth your money. If you are districted for thay school and you love music switch schools. I was in the band and every year it only went down hill. Like I said it is a highly based sports school. But overall my high school days weren't tragic.
Allatoona High School is a great school with a very driven faculty in terms of getting a student to become the best that they can possibly be.
Allatoona is overall a really good school. Most of the teachers are great. There are some who are a bit unprofessional. It is evident that teachers, counselors, and administrators genuinely care about the well-being of students.
I love high school as much as i possibly could. I had many great teachers who were really influential in my life and wanted to see me succeed. The school is very nice and clean and there are many activities to get involved in.
The school was beautiful and clean. Some teachers were hidden gems, but some were just downright rude. One teacher accused me of skipping class when I came in with hospital bracelets! Extra help is hard to find without being treated like a child or like you're completely incompetent. Counseling is a mess and hard to track down.
Over all Allatoona is a pretty great school. The kids here are absolutely great. Allatoona has hard working kids and for the most part we all get a long. Allatoona is a place where I feel very safe and secure. I have only ever heard of two fights at my school while I have been here for four years. There are only a handful of teachers that are phenomenal. Some teachers there really should not be teaching but no school is perfect. I never really agreed with the dress code, and I don't really see a need for one. The rigor of the courses here at Allatoona get the students fully prepared for college. I took all Honors and AP classes and I feel very prepared for college.
The teachers are well educated in their fields, the fine arts programs are great. I was in the orchestra and absolutely loved it, our director made it something enjoyable ad creative, and is part of the reason I'm pursuing music in college.
For the 2 years that I went to Allatoona I had a great time! The teachers were great, many very helpful, and pretty chill or relaxed. I was on the dance team and in Beta Club and also Speech and Debate. I was very occupied and spent a lot of my time volunteering. There is many things to do and be involved in. All in all Allatoona was a great school to go to. Proud to be a former buc.
Review Allatoona High School
Allatoona has one of the best facilities you could ask for in a school, with safety and accessibility being valued. There is also a great emphasis placed on sports, student involvement, and of course academics. However, it's easy for students to often act exclusive and not welcoming to others considered different to them.
Overall, Allatoona is a wonderful high school. My experience is that the students are very inclusive and kind, but just like every school there are issues. There is a focus on athletics and excelling in sports more so than academics. While the administrators do promote education and being successful in class, there is more recognition for those involved in sports than those who are strong academically. The teachers are great and do what they can in order to prepare students for college, as well as life after school. The teachers are very flexible and will find ways to help students after and before school. The school pride creates a familial environments. There is so much joy and delight when celebrating all that the school has accomplished.
As much as administration wants Allatoona to be looked as an academic school it is not. Allatoona is well known for its athletics which is no secret to the students, parents or teachers. Yes, Allatoona's academics are good but that is about it. Every teacher is not good, but every teacher is not bad. During your time at Allatoona I'd recommend finding a teacher you can rely on and who will offer help. It is best to connections and be liked otherwise you might find yourself struggling.