Allatoona High School is a highly rated, public school located in Acworth, GA. It has 1,820 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Allatoona High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B300 Students
- A+250 Students
- B+142 Students
- B+138 Students
- B-76 Students
- A70 Students
- B-70 Students
- A+69 Students
- A-69 Students
- B+68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 127 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Allatoona High School Reviews
My experience attending Allatoona has been pretty good. I have had terrible experiences with this school, but i have also experienced some great ones. Some improvements I would suggest are better math teachers and department in whole, more/different counselors due to the fact that the couselors currently complain about their jobs being too overwhelming, and maybe in the future more career pathway classes. Allatoona does have good qualities though like a great library complete with books, ipads, and computers; good health options offered at lunch, and programs like dual enrollment are offered.
The school was beautiful and clean. Some teachers were hidden gems, but some were just downright rude. One teacher accused me of skipping class when I came in with hospital bracelets! Extra help is hard to find without being treated like a child or like you're completely incompetent. Counseling is a mess and hard to track down.
Allatoona High School is overall a great school! The administration and Counseling staff take time to help every individual, especially the students. Every staff member takes the time to sit down and focus on each student no matter what their problem consists of. The teachers at Allatoona really care about their students and stay after or come before class to help any student who may need extra help.