Allatoona High School is a highly rated, public school located in Acworth, GA. It has 1,770 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Allatoona High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B350 Students
- A+295 Students
- B+178 Students
- B+160 Students
- A-82 Students
- B-82 Students
- B81 Students
- A+81 Students
- B-81 Students
- A79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 145 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
Allatoona High School Reviews
While Allatoona had students well prepared for state mandated testing, they allowed sexual harassment/assault to take place on campus and encouraged sports over academics. The administration never cared about the fine arts programs that would bring in trophies and awards left and right-it was always about the sports teams that would lose in the finals.
My experience attending Allatoona has been pretty good. I have had terrible experiences with this school, but i have also experienced some great ones. Some improvements I would suggest are better math teachers and department in whole, more/different counselors due to the fact that the couselors currently complain about their jobs being too overwhelming, and maybe in the future more career pathway classes. Allatoona does have good qualities though like a great library complete with books, ipads, and computers; good health options offered at lunch, and programs like dual enrollment are offered.
The school was beautiful and clean. Some teachers were hidden gems, but some were just downright rude. One teacher accused me of skipping class when I came in with hospital bracelets! Extra help is hard to find without being treated like a child or like you're completely incompetent. Counseling is a mess and hard to track down.