Aliso Niguel High School Reviews

My experience in Aliso Niguel High School was both good and bad. Good because me and my friends had a fun time there. Bad because there was rarely any diversity there. So verbal racism was not uncommon.
Other than the fact the campus is really old, the opportunities and teachers are good. It’s just a very average high school nothing too special.
Aliso Niguel is an awesome school with very many opportunities. Would highly recommend! 95% of the teachers are amazing and the athletics are decent as well. Academically they challenge their students daily and try their hardest to make the campus as safe as possible.
Start Your Review of Aliso Niguel High School
Having been here for nearly four years, it is an alright school. Academics are amazing (especially for AP and honors classes) and the teachers of these classes care very strongly about their students. Most classes besides these though are pretty average. The student body is pretty diverse, however, it consists primarily of white or Asian students. The campus is pretty dirty, with most students leaving trash everywhere. Sports can vary wildly, some programs are excellent, others are average or below average. The football team is definitely not this school's highlight, though they are getting better. Biggest warning to anyone attending this school is the lack of bathrooms. Lines, especially for girls, can become very long as there only a few bathrooms and often one is closed.
I absolutely loved my time at Aliso. The teachers were always ready to help and the student community was beyond welcoming. Obviously there were days where I resented my homework load and was stressed about tests, but the academic rigor is just another part of what makes Aliso Niguel an incredible school. Aliso expects a lot from its students but gives them the resources to meet those expectations. Whichever way you turn, you’ll find a teacher passionate about their subject and ready to share that knowledge and excitement with you.
Aliso Niguel High School is overall an exceptional school when it comes to academics. Students are constantly challenged in AP classes. The workload of AP classes tends to be much larger than those of other schools, but this balances with the higher success rates of the students. The campus is extremely overcrowded and lacks a substantial amount of female restrooms. Female students are constantly struggling between needing to be late to class because of the outrageous restroom line or waiting through a whole class to use the restroom to avoid being late.
Overall, I would say that ANHS is a good school; however, there are many negative aspects due to overpopulation of the campus. Some of these include: very long bathroom lines, more students sitting on the floor than at a table, large class sizes, and long drop-off/pick-up lines. ANHS has one toilet per 56 female students! To be in accordance with the state of California, there should be one toilet per 30 female students. The academics are strong and there are some really great teachers here! The sports teams are very talented and there is always a big turnout a team football games. I would say that our ASB, theater, dance, choir, band, cheer, and Dance Appreciation groups are led by good teachers and have had many successes. There is a great after school tutoring program for homework help and our AVID program is perfect for struggling students.
Aliso Niguel is a great school overall but the over population of students means a lack of attention from teachers
The teachers here are phenomenal, especially those who teach the AP courses. During my time there, I took 9 AP courses and all of the teachers went above and beyond to make us prepared for the AP exam. This really paid off when I got to college coming in with a decent amount of college credit helping me save on tuition.
Overall a good school compared to others in the district, but could definitely use some work on maintaining the school and getting some better administrators/teachers. However, most were excellent!
I enjoyed my time at ANHS! There theatre department helped me grow into the confident and hard-working person I am now, and I will always treasure those moments being on stage. The only problem I had were with people outside of AP or art classes. They are either annoying thriving for attention from other people or cruel.
All the staff and teachers were very kind and helpful during my time at Aliso. I wish we had free tutorials again though.
Great school to get ready for college. Classes really help prepare students to advance towards a higher education.
I likes that the classes were very good at preparing me for college and many of my teachers were very interested in the subject they were teaching and wanted to be there. However some of my teachers obviously did not want to be there and did not make their students excited to learn.
The experience was okay. The school is too crowded for my taste and not a lot of variety in meal choices.
My experience here so far has been okay. Not the best school, but for sure not the worst one either. The facilities here may be terrible but there are some administrators who work in the facilities and make it good.
Aliso Niguel High School is a safe and accepting location with many activities/events to keep their students involved. The teacher's are hardworking and encouraging mentors.
Start Your Review of Aliso Niguel High School
I had teachers who helped me a lot succeed during my high school career. The school is very academic and athletic based
Met some of my best friends at the school. Most of the teachers genuinely care, but there are a few that completely disregard and have no empathy for the home circumstances of the students. Otherwise, my time here was satisfactory
It’s a pretty average school. Lots of good teachers but in my experience, lots of teachers also show favoritism with their students. This is a big school (approx 3000 students atm) so class sizes are large and it might be hard to stand out or get good help. There are lots of clubs to join and the school gives a lot of opportunity for extracurriculars.