Aliquippa Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Aliquippa, PA. It has 462 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B18 Students
- A16 Students
- A+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- C+13 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-11 Students
- B-10 Students
- C+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Aliquippa Junior/Senior High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Aliquippa Junior/Senior High School
- C+Cornell High School
- Cornell School District, PA
- 15 reviews
- CBurgettstown Area Middle/High School
- Burgettstown Area School District, PA
- 65 reviews
- B-Carlynton Junior/Senior High School
- Carlynton School District, PA
- 80 reviews
- C+Northgate Middle/High School
- Northgate School District, PA
- 64 reviews
Aliquippa Junior/Senior High School Reviews
MY experience at Aliquippa Junior/Senior High wasn’t very interesting but it is worth it. We don’t have a lot of activities and clubs but the education and academics is pretty straight forward for the most part. I made plenty of friends while there, i even got to participate in the 2017 homecoming parade, which was basically the highlight of my senior year. As an Aliquippa Junior/Senior student i would like to say that over the past few years i have held a spot in the top 10 of my class, i have also held a 3.7 GPA throughout my entire high school career.
Overall my experience at Aliquippa Jr/Sr High School was pretty good. I've met some great people there, made great relationships with the staff.
Some of the teachers try to go above and beyond, but most students are disinterested, this can have a damper on the teachers' motivation as well. Also, the school is known for athletes ( Mostly football and basketball) and kids feel this is the way out. Unfortunately, this is can be disservice to the children who are left behind. My child is one of the few who can put the distractions aside and really learn. He has expressed not feeling very confident in being the top academic student in his class because he comes from a poor preforming school, however we have discussed the fact that despite that fact, he scores in the top 95% - 97% percentile in nationwide testing. This does give him satisfaction that he is able to overcome obstacles with hard work and a passion for learning new things.