Alice High School Reviews

Being a student at Alice High School isn't quite the experience I thought of as being in middle school. Although we are open to many opportunities, we are also limited to many things such as good lunch food and bigger campus.
What I love about Alice High School is the school programs that are available, like GEAR UP, Early College High School, Dual Credit, and the school can help pay for major tests like ACT and SAT if you are able to get a waiver. This has helped me very much in my high school career since it gets expensive to do these activities. What I would like to see change in though is the resources of the school. The school's budget is small, so some classes can't afford to get new textbooks, teaching books, and new equipment for the students like computers.
Alice High school is just like other high schools, we have dress code, we eat lunch on campus, and we have some teachers that are strict on dress code just like other high schools. I'd like to see the food in cafeteria change and the dress code. Not every high school needs a dress code but there's always students that take the free dress thing to far and wear something inappropriate.
Start Your Review of Alice High School
The thing that I liked about coming to Alice High School was the community involvement in extracurricular activities, such as football and powerlifting. The support from the Alice community was incredible when it came to high school sports. The thing that I would like to see change, however, is the rate of which our academic scores are going. They seem to decline as the years go by, and I hope that it can change in the near future.
I am currently a student at Alice High School. The high school is a nice place to be most of the time. Every school has those "kids" who act immature and that need to grow up but other than that the teachers and staff are super nice.
it has a variety of clubs and organizations for all kinds of students
it was better than i expected honestly maybe it was because i was in a sport
The parents of Alice High School are very engaged in extracurricular activities,but can sometimes fail academics.
Alice has a lot of problems,but there are plenty of great teachers who truly care for their students.
Once my friend got burned in her culinary class, so she went to the nurse, but they refused to treat her burn because she didn't have a pass from the teacher. Another time a student came into the counselors office and told them that he was going to wait the last five minutes of class in the office because they kids in his class were making fun of him, but the counselors turned him away. They preach about bullying however don't take action when a complaint is made.
There are a variety of clubs for students to be a part of. I feel like many clubs are not serious and committed.
I like the school because I have met some great friends here and have had some good experiences. However, I am disappointed at the way the school is run. Good students are punished for other students' bad choices, such as not having an open campus lunch because of the students who choose not to come back. When we are late to school, we get locked out and have to walk to the front of the school despite the weather and the extra time it takes away from our learning.
There is no bullying here honestly and the at times I feel unsafe but only because of the situation that's going on.
There's PALS which is where we go to different elementary schools and hangout out with the little ones and there's also the Alice Interactice Club where we help other organizations and try and help raise money for certain things.
The teachers here are pretty good with their skills and knowledge. Their grading consistency can sometimes be slow, but they pick it up towards the end.
This school could be better with improvements but overall it's and okay environment
Our extracurricular activities are very competitive and do really well in all they compete in.
Start Your Review of Alice High School
Most parents are great but the other half are not the best.
Most teachers are very friendly and are there whenever you need them!
There are lots of things to do at this school. All the sports are competative and fun.