Alice High School is a public school located in Alice, TX. It has 1,408 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+100 Students
- A+86 Students
- B80 Students
- B+65 Students
- B63 Students
- A+54 Students
- C+52 Students
- B51 Students
- A-34 Students
- B+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Alice High School
- CAgua Dulce High School
- Agua Dulce Independent School District, TX
- 11 reviews
- CBen Bolt Palito-Blanco High School
- Ben Bolt-Palito Blanco Independent School District, TX
- 16 reviews
- BOrange Grove High School
- Orange Grove Independent School District, TX
- 56 reviews
- C+San Diego High School
- San Diego Independent School District, TX
- 9 reviews
Alice High School Reviews
I like the fact the teachers are willing to go the extra mile for their students and be involved with their outside life. Id like to see change in the way the school is ran, because there is too much favoritism, and this causes the Other students to feel left out. Our band program is one of the best and the community should offer more support, because they only focus on the football team
What I love about Alice High School is the school programs that are available, like GEAR UP, Early College High School, Dual Credit, and the school can help pay for major tests like ACT and SAT if you are able to get a waiver. This has helped me very much in my high school career since it gets expensive to do these activities. What I would like to see change in though is the resources of the school. The school's budget is small, so some classes can't afford to get new textbooks, teaching books, and new equipment for the students like computers.
The thing that I liked about coming to Alice High School was the community involvement in extracurricular activities, such as football and powerlifting. The support from the Alice community was incredible when it came to high school sports. The thing that I would like to see change, however, is the rate of which our academic scores are going. They seem to decline as the years go by, and I hope that it can change in the near future.