Algonquin Regional High School Reviews

Wide variety of classes that speaks to multifaceted interests of students
Great teachers who care about personal as well as academic growth (in my experience)
Many extracurriculars
Offers lots of opportunities for students who look for them
Good teachers.
Good overall preparation for college academics.
Needs top level administrators to be more aware of student issues.

Some of the teachers "leading" student groups tended to choose their own favorites rather than allowing for legitimate student elections.
Academics, curriculum, and teachers are excellent. Also the extra curricular (especially the music program) are amazing as well.
Start Your Review of Algonquin Regional High School
Academics: variety of classes (History thru Film, Python, Urban Gardening, Biotech, Ceramics, Contemporary Issues Facing Global Economy), good academic rigor w/o overly competitive environment, many AP options, even CP isn't that shabby

Teachers: knowledgeable, some are excellent teachers, a few teachers suck at teaching. Teachers also offer extra help sessions after school

Clubs: Harbinger (newspaper), Sachem (art and literary magazine), DECA, Model UN, 15-40, HOSA, Tri-M, Bee Keeping, Broadcasting, Anime, Quidditch

Food: decent, they do try to vary the menu + sometimes have ethnic foods.
Lines: hot sandwiches, main menu, deli, pizza, salad, grab n go, Corner Cafe
Recommend: chicken nuggets, pizza, baked potato, soup, pretzel, cookies

BUT we aren't called the Pharmacy for nothing. Don't use the bathrooms unless you have to bc you will run into drugs + we are NOT diverse - if someone tells you we are, they're delusional
(also we aren't the most technological, if you're into that)
I loved being a T-Hawk! From football games to freshman orientation I loved showing my pride. Education is excellent and teachers truly care about their students.
Overall, my experience at Algonquin has been amazing. The classes are challenging but not overwhelming, the atmosphere is welcoming, and the students and teachers are very kind. The only changes I’d like to see made is to the pep rally, which seems to revolve around the football team, and to the hovering feeling that the teachers give; constantly watching, not allowing students to be independent.
Algonquin is an institution that continues to provide a great education to its students. The faculty will help students with whatever they need to succeed. Students receive an endless amoun of support from all faculty.
Algonquin is a great school, however there is lots of competition among students. There is a new principal who is enforcing strict rules that leave students with little freedom. There is a huge variety of classes offered. It is not very diverse at all coming from communities that are pretty well off and predominantly white. We have had successive athletic directors who are terrible. The teachers themselves are very good except the french teachers who are terrible.
Loved the school, it was great. The teachers were all great and everyone always made everyone feel welcome.
Algonquin Regional High School is a supportive, high-quality community of education producing only the best alumni. It's educators continuously and consistently strive to help their students reach success. In my experience, after graduating from this school I felt fully prepared for anything my academic college experience could throw at me, and started university a step ahead of my peers after the challenges Algonquin trained me to accomplish on my own. I am the dedicated student I am today because of Algonquin, and am forever grateful for all I learned in my four years of attendance. I would recommend Algonquin Regional High school to any parent or student in question of attendance, it is not only a familial supportive community but an academic environment striving for nothing less than success.
Teachers are passionate and well-versed in their subjects. They are also generally friendly and many go above and beyond their job requirements to ensure the best high-school experience for students. Academically, the school is competitive and offers many AP programs, though it is hard to get into these programs as an underclassman. There are various clubs that provide opportunity for students to specialize in certain fields, such as robotics. The school also possesses a strong athletic department with teams that are consistently competitive on a district and occasionally a state level. The music and arts department still manage to succeed despite seeming lack of funding, and it regularly produces students of great talent and creativity. The school’s facilities are well-kept and above average in terms of public high schools, especially the outdoor fields. The environment is slightly competitive among the highly-ranked students, but universally welcoming and nurturing.
It is what you make of it. There is definitely a place for everyone. If you want to take tough classes and challenge yourself, the opportunity is there. Some really great teachers will help you along the way.
If you want to relax and have a good time, that option is open as well. The sports games are always fun.
I had a very positive experience at Algonquin. The teachers are very helpful and want you to succeed. The school is set up nice, there's a new found freedom, and being there helped me a lot.
I enjoyed my time at Algonquin, I think that it provided me a good education, but the amount of stress that the students have is insane. Finding time to do everything that I wanted to do was impossible due to excess loads of homework and studying. That being said, the school offers many options to get involved in sports, clubs and the arts.
Algonquin has some spectacular teachers that have an incredible impact their students. Many of them care deeply about seeing everyone succeed, especially after high school. Algonquin has a phenomenal sports and club culture; there is always great turn-out at athletic and club events. Also, the school facilities are incredible and well managed by a fantastic custodial team. Anyone who is fortunate enough to attend this school will have an amazing experience.
I feel that I am privileged to be able to live in the Northborough/Southborough school district and attend Algonquin Regional High School. The teachers are amazing and incredibly supportive. They help me with problems that I have whether it's in school or a problem at home. The extracurricular activities and sports programs are fantastic. There is such a wide variety, with something for just about everyone. As a trumpet player in the Wind Ensemble and Pep band, I would absolutely say that the music program is wonderful, with experienced and talented teachers. Algonquin is full of opportunities. One need only ask.
Over the last four years, I've learned that Algonquin Regional boasts not only a fantastic faculty and classes you don't want to fall asleep in but also invested students and contagious school spirit.
Start Your Review of Algonquin Regional High School
Algonquin is a fantastic place to go to high school and I feel lucky to go here. Although I felt lost and overwhelmed as a freshman, over the years I have become so much more confident. The kids here are overwhelmingly friendly. There are endless extracurricular for every interest, many of which are very successful, very fun and a great place to make friends. The athletic program and the music programs are stellar. Their is a wealth of academic opportunities, support for struggling students, and high level opportunities for those who excel in certain subjects. My own experience on the robotics team has been one of my favorite parts of high school, and there is a place for everyone to find their niche. Writers, actors, musicians, athletes, activists, engineers, scientists, politicians ballroom dancers, jugglers, beekeepers- everyone can find their home at ARHS.
There are many after school activities at this school for any kid. From Anime and Video game club to the weightlifting club people are free to explore their many interest. Some kids participate in model U.N while others sing in the choir. We even have a Juggling club who will teach you how to juggle, along with New Englands only competitive high school Ballroom dance team.
I love high school at Algonquin the atmosphere is great the teachers and parents are all super nice. My time on our Robotics team has taught me that parents and teachers care more than just sports as we have had our principles come to our competitions in down town Boston.