Algonquin Regional High School is a top rated, public school located in Northborough, MA. It has 1,434 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Algonquin Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A241 Students
- A+157 Students
- A+146 Students
- A-92 Students
- A+91 Students
- A91 Students
- B69 Students
- A+55 Students
- B54 Students
- A+53 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Algonquin Regional High School
- A+Hopkinton High School
- Hopkinton Public Schools, MA
- 186 reviews
- A+Natick High School
- Natick Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 182 reviews
- A+Wayland High School
- Wayland Public Schools, MA
- 133 reviews
- A+Westborough High School
- Westborough Public Schools, MA
- 191 reviews
Algonquin Regional High School Reviews
Academically, Algonquin is excellent. The teachers are invested in their students and are passionate about their curriculum. For the past four years, every single teacher I have had, has been great! The course selection is very diverse, allowing me to take subjects such as criminal justice, fashion, and silent voices. The school also has a great sports culture, with the bleachers always filled with cheering students. Sadly the student body isn't very diverse. The school is quite sheltered from "real life" and the issues you may face if you live in a more urban environment.
For the most part, Algonquin is a great school. It offers a wide variety of classes in every subject, and many of the teachers use effective methods to make sure that students understand the content and are successful. Most of the sports teams other than football and boys' basketball receive very little attention, however, despite there being several other teams. Additionally, the administration tends to make errors with issues such as bus routes and attendance.
Algonquin Regional is unique. It is supportive, academically challenging and rich in traditions. Our division 1 sports teams all support each other and are very successful, the success comes from hard work and determination. Algonquin offers a variety of clubs and organizations. Our music and arts departments are top notch and have won many awards. When entering the grounds at Algonquin Regional you can;t help but see the beauty of the well maintained sports fields that spread for many acres. You will often see many community members taking advantage of the various fields around the school.