Algoma High School is an above average, public school located in Algoma, WI. It has 334 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Algoma High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-21 Students
- A+20 Students
- B+14 Students
- B12 Students
- B11 Students
- A-10 Students
- A8 Students
- A-8 Students
- B+7 Students
- A+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Algoma High School
Algoma High School Reviews
The whole town of Algoma is currently on a health adjustment, and a large part of that has to do with advancements to the high school. This includes a wellness center, new ways of dealing with problems, healthier food choices, college courses available in high school, and many other positive accomplishments. Algoma also has many new opportunities for kids interested in music and art as well as kids interested in sports.
There are lots of opportunities here and great people to help with whatever you need. This school has offered me many college classes which will help me get credits towards college. I am very college ready.
Besides for year round athletics there is not much extracurriculars. Though that is the case our school offers many different sports that are very successful.