Alexandria-Monroe High School Reviews

I quite like how involved each teacher is in making sure you learn and understand, in every class. So many teachers are willing to give whatever extra help you need. I also love how close each class is with each other.
Many of the teachers there really want to help you and see you succeed. I felt like there was no reason for you to get below a C in classes due to the availability of the teachers to help you.
I like all of the things my school does for those in need.They care for each other and treat everyone as equals, no matter the race, sexuality, or religion. Alexandria is a place for all around small town love, and we would do anything for each other. Although I would like some tensions between students and small town drama go away, AMHS is an awesome school to attend, and the teachers love to teach, and the students, for the most part, love to learn. It's a great atmosphere, and I'm proud to be a tiger.
Start Your Review of Alexandria-Monroe High School
Many of the teachers try not to give us a lot of homework because they know we have other classes.
There are many clubs and sports for students to join. They are interesting and fun.
My school has a bully box in the office. If you or someone you know is being bullied you should put it in the bully box and at the end of each day they check the box and the problem gets addressed.
My experience at this school has been great. I have been in Spanish club and choir for many years. I have wonderful memories from my time at this school. I would choose to go to this school if I had to do it again. This school has made my high school experience wonderful and had given me many memories.
The teachers at my school try to teach so that everyone understands. They try to teach with visual and hands on activities. They always try to help all of the students if they are struggling with something. The teachers make time outside of class for the students to come in for help or to make up work.
Most clubs are well organized.
We really don't have any security, but we also are in a very small town in a rural area. We don't really have any security threats.
The clubs are welcoming, but they aren't necessarily the right topics for everyone.
This school is like family. Whether you like everybody or not, you are still comfortable sharing space with them.
These teachers are very close to the students and very approachable. They help us reach success as well as they can. They are also lenient with grades.
Our school has many security measures and have not had any threats to the people there. We generally have a nurse in the building in case any one needs to ask about medical problems or need assistance. The school is a safe place although it be biased because i feel safe anywhere I go.
Our school has several academic and athletic opportunities for people of all different types of backgrounds. People can either improve on athletic ability or on their academic performance. A lot of students play at least one sport or workout after school for their own pleasure. Clubs such as chess and spell bowl team have been growing the past couple years and offer a great way for people to connect outside of the classroom.
My school has a great overall crowd of people that support each other and do not disrespect people higher up than they are. The teachers and coaches are genuinely good people that will bend over backwards to help their athletes or students any way they can. Students and parents alike will support each other even if they are in competition.
The teachers at my school like to be involved more with students and have more time for one on one work with them. Most teachers are younger and understand how we think more so than some teachers at other schools. Many schools are too strict with what their teachers can and can not say. However ours lets them interact with us like actual people.
Start Your Review of Alexandria-Monroe High School
Overall, the school is safe, most students mind their own business and bullying is not very prevalent. I do think security could be better.
There are not a great number of students involved in extracurricular activities. if you are involved in sports it becomes much more difficult to be involved.
I have made great friends! This is a really good school. As with any place there are some negatives. Through some of the negatives I have learned more about life, which in the end is a good thing, though not at the time.