Alexandria High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B75 Students
- C+54 Students
- A35 Students
- A30 Students
- A29 Students
- A-23 Students
- B23 Students
- B18 Students
- A+12 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Alexandria High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Alexandria High School Reviews
Review Alexandria High School
I've had a wonderful experience at Alexandria High School. Despite some of the more frustrating and difficult courses, I would never want to attend another school. I would have to say that the best part of AHS is not only the home athletic events, but also the away athletic events. It doesn't matter if it's home or away. We will pack out whatever area were playing in that evening. Alexandria is a very community involved school. A very close knit community. The greatest experience I've ever had was the three hour drive to Russellville High School in the third round of the state playoffs. As we were arriving I'm Russellville, there was a Billboard on the highway that said, "Russellville, the city of state champions." I remember looking to my friends who were riding with me and saying, "just for that, we're putting them out tonight." We ended up winning in what was one of the best football games I have ever seen on a last minute touchdown run by Keenan Woodruff, who only in tenth grade, is probably the best running back to ever come through Alexandria High School.
I am involved in several areas of my school from academics, clubs, and athletics. I have several teachers and coaches that take interest in how I turn out as an individual functioing in the community. I appreciate the personal interest the staff and community take in helping me to become the best I can be so that I can make it in the real world,
I have attended Alexandria High/Elementary school since kindergarten and it is a huge part of my life. No one can understand what it means to be a Valley Cub until you go to school there. Yes, Alexandria does have its faults but if I had it to do all over again I would choose Alexandria in a heart beat. There's just something about the atmosphere not just at the school but in the entire community. The teachers will become some of your best friends and they're always there for you if you need them. I can not begin count the amount of times I've seen a teacher do something for a student to help them personally. I've seen teachers stay after school to not only work with students who's grades are struggling but to help them with problems at home. Our teaching staff is one in a million and you can't find that kind of love and support system just anywhere. I am so thankful I have had the opportunity to grow up in Alexandria.