Alexandria High School is an above average, public school located in Alexandria, AL. It has 1,102 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Alexandria High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B86 Students
- C+59 Students
- A40 Students
- A37 Students
- A34 Students
- A-26 Students
- B25 Students
- B21 Students
- B15 Students
- A+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Alexandria High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Alexandria High School Reviews
I attended Alexandria for about 6 years and loved every memory and moment there! Alexandria is a great community, who cares about each and every student. It is a great community of sports and athletics, they always strive to be better, no matter what work needs to be put in. Alexandria is a very small town, so the community always fills up with everyone. The teachers and staff are always willing to give their all for their students and its high school.
I love that the teachers care about their students and they want the best education possible for them. Whenever you did not understand something, they pull you aside to make sure that you know how to do it. I did not like the focus on sports. It seemed as if the teachers gave more attention to the students who did sports.
I've had a wonderful experience at Alexandria High School. Despite some of the more frustrating and difficult courses, I would never want to attend another school. I would have to say that the best part of AHS is not only the home athletic events, but also the away athletic events. It doesn't matter if it's home or away. We will pack out whatever area were playing in that evening. Alexandria is a very community involved school. A very close knit community. The greatest experience I've ever had was the three hour drive to Russellville High School in the third round of the state playoffs. As we were arriving I'm Russellville, there was a Billboard on the highway that said, "Russellville, the city of state champions." I remember looking to my friends who were riding with me and saying, "just for that, we're putting them out tonight." We ended up winning in what was one of the best football games I have ever seen on a last minute touchdown run by Keenan Woodruff, who only in tenth grade, is probably the best running back to ever come through Alexandria High School.