Alexandria Area High School Reviews

This high School has successfully brought technology to the classroom and has a large, helpful staff that will do everything in their power to prepare you for college as long as you have the motivation.
Alexandria Area High School is in the middle of Minnesota, so there is very little diversity, but it does have nice people, and offers good preparatory classes. Though they do not actually prepare you for college, and you are thrown in totally confused. The staff is good at their jobs, and all very friendly and approachable.
The building is gorgeous, and has a great atmosphere. Everyone there is so welcoming, the teachers are very nice and fun to work with. There are so many opportunities, and there is something for everyone. I am going to be a senior this year but I will most definitely be back to visit.
Start Your Review of Alexandria Area High School
The new building is excellent and the staff is great! Certain teachers like Hilbrands and Kor especially make an effort to connect to their students. Also the principal is very friendly and does a great job.
There are great club opportunities, and the teacher really care about their students. Unfortunately, the counselors aren't very helpful for students.
I was there for 2 years, the first year it was built was nice. Good choices for food and good academic choices. Good teachers. The hallways are crowed, but I think they were going to fix that the year I left.
-Jadon olson
Beautiful built school with the newest advances in technologies to help the students grow in their learning to the best of their ability. Provides a welcoming and competitive environment. During my time at Alexandria Area High School, I felt challenge to do my best everyday. The faculty at AAHS did their best to ensure we were getting the most out of the curriculum and incorporated immersion to what the students would be experiencing in the work field. This helped the students see where they wanted to continue their future and the school was able to build their curriculum off of the student's wishes.
I've enjoyed attending Alexandria Area High School for the past three years. As a new high school, it's extremely involved with its students and the community, and they're always looking for new ways to improve even more. I find this school to be very open to any student; it's easy to discover what your passions are so you can make the right career choice, and you can easily make friends with similar interests. They also have lots of great programs for students to enroll in; from fine arts to agriculture, and from business to health sciences. It's a great school to attend!
My overall experience with the high school was beneficial. While their was drawbacks, I came out with an advantage and prepared heading into college. I was given a broad background in education and am well rounded in terms of my extracurricular activities. Staff cared about me and my achievements and they showed me that they cared. I believe that was crucial in my success at this school.
I am currently a senior here at Alexandria Area High School. Our academies and block schedule days are as new as our new building. The freshmen have an "academy" where they each have one block dedicated to figuring out their passions, practicing their education, and looking ahead at what they want to focus on. At the end of freshmen year everyone has to choose between three academies which each offer many electives that specifically help students gain education that will directly apply to their career of interest. From welding machines to Mac labs to CNA labs the entire school is built around partnering with local businesses and being focused on your future. Each academy has an adviser that helps you personally. The staff are friendly and the facility is amazing. The only thing I would change would be the ability for students finished with college, college open blocks, or a.p. classes to be able to leave the building when their work is completed.
Overall academics here are awesome. I had plenty of options for classes in fields I wanted to be in at the time. I wish they would expand more on physical education more. The workload was normally manageable, especially compared to college. I normally never had a problem getting into a class I wanted either. The teachers all seemed to have their own way of teaching in every class, but all graded the same. You knew by the first test what they were looking for. It was a great High School for academics.
Jefferson wasn't that diverse, but there are a lot of different students when I went. We did have students from different countries thought. Got to know a few and they were all great people. Jefferson often had a lot of cliques or groups, but that seemed to be normal high school. There wasn't a lot of peer pressure that went on, just more of a divided into groups. Everyone was accepting of every race though.
I wasn't often in extracurriculars, but I there were always a lot to choose from. Seemed like Jefferson had a diverse selection for students and they were run very well.
I really never paid any attention to this experience in school. I'm sure there were parents that showed up on the daily. My parents came whenever they could, up until I was no longer in sports anymore. Never really had any meetings about grades because I was an A & B student, so not sure there.
Jefferson was an awesome school to go to. Most teachers were always willing to help out. A lot of them came early or even stayed late. Obviously there were a couple ones that didn't, but for the most part. The teaching styles were typically all different. Every teacher had their own way of doing things, but everything was graded similarly. Every time I had a class the teacher knew me by name and they actually got to know what you did outside of school. Overall the teachers at Jefferson are pretty great.
there are so many different clubs that I only know a few. there is the; art cub, happiness club, harry potter club, coffie club, and many others.
our district built a new school about a year ago. Teachers and other staff are still trying to figure out how to best run the school. I will have to say they are doing a pretty good job at it.
Start Your Review of Alexandria Area High School
Most of the teachers do a very good job at teaching. But, like always there are going to be the few who don't care. You can't say really anything bad against the new teachers because, well, they are new and the haven't figured out their style of teaching yet or how they deal with the students. Other wise our school is very good. There are many choices in the lunch and there are tons of classes to chose from.
Our town just built a new high school two years ago, so I was fortunate enough to experience the old high school. The new and old high schools had very different feels and that all depended on the atmosphere of the students that worked in the school. I liked the old high school, but was very happy that we were getting an upgraded high school. In high school I have been involved with varsity sports, orchestra, choir, musicals, and various clubs and all of those same activities transferred over to the new high school when we tore down the old one. We now have one of the best buildings in the state, but just like any new building and school we still need to work on the kinks. I would love to come back as an alum to see the people and progress that the school makes.
The teachers at my high school are very dedicated to providing the best education and help that their students can get. Each teacher is passionate about their subject and care about what the students learn. Most of the teachers at our high school have been around for years, which means that they are a very tight knit staff and can depend on one another. There are very few teachers whom the students dislike at our high school and I think that shows just how respectful and thoughtful our teachers can be.