Alexandria Area High School Reviews

One of the reasons that my family decided to move from Brooklyn Park, MN to Alexandria, MN was for a better education. The Alexandria Area High School was able to challenge and prepare me for college. Alexandria high school provided me with many resources that I would not have access to in Brooklyn Park and for that I am thankful. One thing that I would like to change about the school is the diversity. The school has a 96 percent white and only 4 percent other. Even with some small flaws Alexandria Area High School is a very good school and prepared me for my future.
Alexandria Area High School (AAHS) is a beautiful school. It's honestly really aesthetically pleasing to look at, and the music rooms are amazing. I love the availability of smaller rooms, so students have a faux sense of privacy behind the glass walls. The counselors are wonderful and so are the secretaries and the teachers.
The high school is very spacious and has loads of classes to offer. It's split up into different academies. There's EMTNR, the agriculture and engineering academy, HSHS, health and human services academy, BCE, the business academy, and then the freshman academy where all high school freshman start.
Start Your Review of Alexandria Area High School
With the new high school being built my freshman year of high school, a lot more options for preparing for my career or passions opened up. They have wonderful programs to help prepare you for whatever you are interested in!
What I liked about the high school is that there is a bunch of space that allows you to be comfortable with your experience at the high school. What I wish would change is that when students cause multiple fights and are problems for the school, they tend to leave the student in the school and not work with them to resolve problems.
The food could be better. Also, more guidance for college applications would be helpful. Most classes don't prepare for real the world.
Good facilities and teachers. Slightly expensive lunches. Wide variety of different classes to choose from.
I thought it was a great school, and it had some pretty great teachers. There is a fair amount of bullying that goes on and more often than not it isn't taken care of and the school is biased to those who play sports and are good at them. They are also biased to sports. Football is a favorite and you can definitely tell. They do have many fun events, and being in people from different careers and colleges to help students get ready for the next step after college. They also have classes geared towards allowing kids to see and understand what the job will actually be like, which I think is really cool and helpful.
They do a fantastic job of getting students ready for college and the workforce. There are plenty of teachers who are willing to help their students be as successful as they can as well. They are flexible with schedules and when there is a problem, the staff there are more than willing to try and help. The facility itself is almost brand new and state of the art. Technology is integrated throughout in a helpful way that prepares students for college life.
This school is good in some departments, and terrible in others. If you want to be a sports student great for you the school will literally help you every step of the way as long as you are apart of a dumb club or a football player but if you are a music student or a theatre student be prepared for the school to charge you an arm and a leg for any field trips. the sports department gets all the funding so as long as your in a sport you should be fine.
Great school. Currently a freshman and can't wait to move up in this school. There's a lot of classes available, the food is good, and there's plenty of activities for students. There is a police officer on staff. I'm not sure about college readiness yet.
This high School has successfully brought technology to the classroom and has a large, helpful staff that will do everything in their power to prepare you for college as long as you have the motivation.
Alexandria Area High School is in the middle of Minnesota, so there is very little diversity, but it does have nice people, and offers good preparatory classes. Though they do not actually prepare you for college, and you are thrown in totally confused. The staff is good at their jobs, and all very friendly and approachable.
The building is gorgeous, and has a great atmosphere. Everyone there is so welcoming, the teachers are very nice and fun to work with. There are so many opportunities, and there is something for everyone. I am going to be a senior this year but I will most definitely be back to visit.
The new building is excellent and the staff is great! Certain teachers like Hilbrands and Kor especially make an effort to connect to their students. Also the principal is very friendly and does a great job.
There are great club opportunities, and the teacher really care about their students. Unfortunately, the counselors aren't very helpful for students.
I was there for 2 years, the first year it was built was nice. Good choices for food and good academic choices. Good teachers. The hallways are crowed, but I think they were going to fix that the year I left.
-Jadon olson
Start Your Review of Alexandria Area High School
Beautiful built school with the newest advances in technologies to help the students grow in their learning to the best of their ability. Provides a welcoming and competitive environment. During my time at Alexandria Area High School, I felt challenge to do my best everyday. The faculty at AAHS did their best to ensure we were getting the most out of the curriculum and incorporated immersion to what the students would be experiencing in the work field. This helped the students see where they wanted to continue their future and the school was able to build their curriculum off of the student's wishes.
I've enjoyed attending Alexandria Area High School for the past three years. As a new high school, it's extremely involved with its students and the community, and they're always looking for new ways to improve even more. I find this school to be very open to any student; it's easy to discover what your passions are so you can make the right career choice, and you can easily make friends with similar interests. They also have lots of great programs for students to enroll in; from fine arts to agriculture, and from business to health sciences. It's a great school to attend!
My overall experience with the high school was beneficial. While their was drawbacks, I came out with an advantage and prepared heading into college. I was given a broad background in education and am well rounded in terms of my extracurricular activities. Staff cared about me and my achievements and they showed me that they cared. I believe that was crucial in my success at this school.