Alexandria Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+53 Students
- A-40 Students
- B+37 Students
- B31 Students
- A-25 Students
- B-23 Students
- B23 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-22 Students
- A-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Alexandria Area High School Reviews
Review Alexandria Area High School
I've enjoyed attending Alexandria Area High School for the past three years. As a new high school, it's extremely involved with its students and the community, and they're always looking for new ways to improve even more. I find this school to be very open to any student; it's easy to discover what your passions are so you can make the right career choice, and you can easily make friends with similar interests. They also have lots of great programs for students to enroll in; from fine arts to agriculture, and from business to health sciences. It's a great school to attend!
Beautiful built school with the newest advances in technologies to help the students grow in their learning to the best of their ability. Provides a welcoming and competitive environment. During my time at Alexandria Area High School, I felt challenge to do my best everyday. The faculty at AAHS did their best to ensure we were getting the most out of the curriculum and incorporated immersion to what the students would be experiencing in the work field. This helped the students see where they wanted to continue their future and the school was able to build their curriculum off of the student's wishes.
I am currently a senior here at Alexandria Area High School. Our academies and block schedule days are as new as our new building. The freshmen have an "academy" where they each have one block dedicated to figuring out their passions, practicing their education, and looking ahead at what they want to focus on. At the end of freshmen year everyone has to choose between three academies which each offer many electives that specifically help students gain education that will directly apply to their career of interest. From welding machines to Mac labs to CNA labs the entire school is built around partnering with local businesses and being focused on your future. Each academy has an adviser that helps you personally. The staff are friendly and the facility is amazing. The only thing I would change would be the ability for students finished with college, college open blocks, or a.p. classes to be able to leave the building when their work is completed.