Alexandria Area High School is an above average, public school located in Alexandria, MN. It has 1,229 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Alexandria Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+63 Students
- A-55 Students
- B+46 Students
- B+34 Students
- A-31 Students
- B29 Students
- B+29 Students
- A26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Alexandria Area High School Reviews
I've enjoyed attending Alexandria Area High School for the past three years. As a new high school, it's extremely involved with its students and the community, and they're always looking for new ways to improve even more. I find this school to be very open to any student; it's easy to discover what your passions are so you can make the right career choice, and you can easily make friends with similar interests. They also have lots of great programs for students to enroll in; from fine arts to agriculture, and from business to health sciences. It's a great school to attend!
With the new high school being built my freshman year of high school, a lot more options for preparing for my career or passions opened up. They have wonderful programs to help prepare you for whatever you are interested in!
I thought it was a great school, and it had some pretty great teachers. There is a fair amount of bullying that goes on and more often than not it isn't taken care of and the school is biased to those who play sports and are good at them. They are also biased to sports. Football is a favorite and you can definitely tell. They do have many fun events, and being in people from different careers and colleges to help students get ready for the next step after college. They also have classes geared towards allowing kids to see and understand what the job will actually be like, which I think is really cool and helpful.