Alexander W. Dreyfoos Jr. School of the Arts Reviews

I've had some of the best teachers, classes, and experiences I could ever wish for here. I can't imagine going to any other school.
Dreyfoos let’s you have a school and art experience. Having guest artist always around really enhances your learning.
Dreyfoos is best high school I could have ever asked for. The community is very friendly and accepting. You're constantly surrounded by people with the same interest as you and no one is afraid to be outgoing. Dreyfoos has the best teachers both for the arts and academically. Definitely apply if you have a passion for the arts!
Start Your Review of Alexander W. Dreyfoos Jr. School of the Arts
My experience at Dreyfoos was average and so-so. Dreyfoos is the perfect school to go to if you are planning to pursue your major in your future, but not if you want to steer off from the arts. Dreyfoos focuses most on the arts and sort of puts academics on the back burner, which is hard to balance out. If I went to another school, I could already be in classes that have to do with what I want to pursue. Nevertheless, I still love the school because I am constantly thrown with opportunities, and it being the best school in Palm Beach County, opens doors for me.
My career was shaped by this school, the amazing classes and teachers as well as the rigorous curriculum.
liked how much opportunity u have to work on art, wish academic teachers wouldn't say "my work is your number 1 priority!!" since everyone has to worry about concerts and whatnot
I love Dreyfoos. I have learned so much here from my teachers, but most importantly from my friends. I have met so many diverse people that it has really made me appreciate certain things. I wouldn't really change anything besides the food.
It is a very good school, and it really does not discriminate against poor kids who go there. Everyone who gets accepted and attends this school is there because of their talent, so that is what you are judged on most frequently.
Being a visual arts major at Dreyfoos I really enjoyed my experience there. They let you find your own path instead of being guided constantly. You get to think about what your art is about to you and not let others tell you what to do. The only thing I would change is some academic teachers but other than that it's a 10/10 school!
It is a great school. However, I would like to see more diversity and the school becoming more like a family.
This school is basically a mini college where you have the freedom and responsibilities of a college student. Teachers, staff, and students are very kind here.
Dreyfoos is an amazing school for the arts and truly acknowledges effort that is put in by the students for their academics and their art area. The school itself is a little outdated and older but it shows a lot of character about the school.
I was in the theatre department. Dreyfoos provided great art-focused opportunities, but at the cost of freedom and support. Although people can be mean/petty/malicious anywhere you go, I found that type to flock at Dreyfoos. If you have the slightest bit of hesitation in pursuing your art area, I wouldn't go here, especially if you want good academics.
Dreyfoos has great academics and AP classes, professional arts classes...especially dance and music. I would change 4 bad teachers but 2 have just retired and 2 are still there. The rest of the teachers are superb. A competitive private school education in a creative atmosphere.
The school is an amazingly place to cultivate all your creative ideas and ambitions but there is a sense of politics, in the aspect of each art teacher having their favorite students, as opposed to helped the students that lack the knowledge.
A. W. Dreyfoos is the most unique school that I have ever heard of. Yes, it is still a high school, but the students there are some of the brightest people I will ever meet in my life. We all are involved in arts and have a special talent and to be surrounded by passionate and talented people is the best learning environment. Dreyfoos is know for both the arts and academics which is unlike any school around. It is really an honor to be accepted into this school and I wouldn't want to get a diploma from any other high school.
This school changed my life. I met some amazing teachers that changed my life for the better! I got to do what I love everyday and I'm so thankful I got to atend this amazing school!
Start Your Review of Alexander W. Dreyfoos Jr. School of the Arts
I love everything about this school. There are so many great opportunities at Dreyfoos and we are all so privileged to go there. Not only is the campus beautiful but it's also in the heart of downtown West Palm Beach. So many great teachers and guest artist come to Dreyfoos with so much to offer to such hungry artistic minds. My school is also very strong academically but at times I do feel that the academic competitiveness does get in the way of what we are really there to do which is to improve our craft and truly become the artist of the future.
Dreyfoos allows you to explore your passion for the arts, collaborate with other artists, and seek high quality academics. It is truly a unique school.
Alexander W Dreyfoos SOA was an amazing experience for myself and my friends and colleagues. It definitely taught us about the real world ad prepared us to the best of its ability. The teachers and education overall was outstanding!