Alexander W. Dreyfoos Jr. School of the Arts Reviews

Dreyfoos is a good school. Although the teachers can be unintrested in their jobs, and at times, in your success, the friends that you will make with be great. The workload is manageable, although our academics pale in comparison to our "rival" Suncoast.
My time at Dreyfoos School of the Arts thoroughly prepared me for college and life in every way and I am forever grateful to the faculty of the Theatre Department for raising me like a member of the family. Not only was I able to excel in my department as a theatre major, I had the opportunity to be a leader within our community and develop critical skills as a human being that I will be using for the rest of my life. Through my training in theatrical arts, I am now able to speak publicly without hesitation and direct and stage manage and design and so much more that I owe to Dreyfoos. The other students I met at this school as well as the faculty are unforgettable as friends and mentors. I would not be who I am today without the guidance of everything Dreyfoos has to offer to their students from the majors, the diversity within each major, the incredible faculty, and the environment that allows artistic students to be who they are and blossom.
Dreyfoos really helped me be prepared for my first year in college. not only was the things i learned useful but the environment i learned it in really helped me prepare for the college environment. the work loads were also about the same so it didn't feel like i was just being thrown into the college lifestyle without being prepared. i'm very thankful for having attending that school and if there are any other students unsure if they should go there or somewhere else i would say to them to take that chance and go to this school, it will be one of the best decisions for your future that you have made so far.
Start Your Review of Alexander W. Dreyfoos Jr. School of the Arts
This school has opened me up to such an amazing world of the arts, I've never been in such an area with such an amazing group of diverse students and people alike. all the teachers are genuine to make everyone succeed and they treat everyone like family, as I've had my own experiences with the teachers that goes beyond what a teacher required to do for their students. the administration has been nothing but helpful and everyone is free to express themselves in any way that they please regardless of gender, race, shape, sexuality and their interests. The school had so many opportunities for the students to become prepared for college and are given many tools that are easily accessed for every student.
DSOA promotes a strong commitment to training in the arts while also enabling students to be as academically rigorous as they choose to be. There is a tremendous amount of talent and hard work going on here. Every performance is worth attending across all art areas.
Dreyfoos is a place where you are free to express yourself and your views. The clothes you wear, the friends you make, and the people you choose to surround yourself with are free for you to decide. I’ve never felt a place more accepting of the students choices to express themselves. The teachers support for the arts is none like I’ve ever seen. Dreyfoos is a place where the arts and academics have equal rigor, where students are extremely talented and bright. I’ve never met anybody like the students here. The way everybody pushes themselves to be better creates a positive atmosphere where every student is encouraged to be their best self. I also love the diverse amount of students at this school. No race is superior to another, making the environment one that is very accepting of all cultures, views, and religions.
I really enjoyed the specified majors that they provided, they really showed you all sides of that specific art and really allowed students to find their own passion. Loved all the teachers with all my heart as they were so caring and supportive. Would love to see what the students produce in years to come.
Dreyfoos is indeed an amazing school for the arts. They give you so many oppurtunities to do things that aren’t so easily available anywhere else and they try to involve their students as much as possible. Academically, this school is indeed hard but it forces everybody to do well. Most of the students there do not mess around and get everything done. They let everybody express their individuality and give people the chance to do anything they like. It’s safe, it’s fun, and it’s one of the best schools in south Florida for sure.
Dreyfoos is the most diverse and accepting environment. I got to pursue my art and do what I love every day. I love Dreyfoos and I had so much fun during my 4 years.
I am a senior at dreyfoos and through out my 4 years here I have enjoyed the Visual Arts program. You really see the improvement in your art through the years and they help you learn so much about yourself by being there.
Excellent school, loved the time I have spent there. Great academic and artistic education. The school is very diverse and accepting to all peoples. I wouldn't trade the education and time I spent here for the world.
Alexander W Dreyfoos School of the Arts has been an absolutely amazing place to grow and flourish into the artist and person I want to be!
The best people you will ever meet. I had to work incredibly hard, but I am a better person for it. I was a theatre major and was offered tons of artistic opportunities that I would have never had if it had not been fro Dreyfoos.
The academics are very strong and difficult, however all of the teachers that I have had are truly kind and helpful. For me, what sets Dreyfoos apart from other high schools is the student body. The student body is artistic and creative, and ultimately together we celebrate the power of the arts by learning from each other.
At Dreyfoos i had the best year of my high school career. I felt understood not only because it is an arts school but because the environment is phenomenal. The teachers and staff are great people. I learned a lot about my major and felt really immersed in what i love. The academics are also amazing the curriculum is balanced so well at the teachers are so understanding about the difficulty it is to be working hard in school as well as working hard on your art form.
Dreyfoos is an excellent school, and the experience is unlike any other. It is very diverse with every kind of race and sexuality imaginable. The environment is very accepting and allows students to find themselves in a safe space.
I could not imagine this time of life being anywhere else. This school has shown me an abundance of support for my love in the arts and how I want to pursue the career of film and cinematic studies. My teachers are one of a kind who supply me with the knowledge and passion to fulfill the standards of life. The preparation for my college future has been made at balance with the continuation of my high school experience and for that, I could not be more grateful.
Dreyfoos is the best high school I could go to. The admissions always want to help me succeed. The students are always accepting and I love being inspired by their talents everyday.
Start Your Review of Alexander W. Dreyfoos Jr. School of the Arts
During my time at Dreyfoos, I have learned a plethora of information that will transfer to daily life as well as my future career. The environment is fun and positive, but at times lack diversity. This also dedicates huge portions of their time to prepare me and my peer for higher educations that comes from college. I mostly appreciate Dreyfoos for it's interesting learning environment.
I have had such a unique experience at Dreyfoos School of the Arts. I have had the opportunity study music in great depth and discover my passion for music composition. Dreyfoos is a healthy environment where all the teachers are very helpful, and the student body feels more like a family. Everyone works hard, and cares about their work. I've learned to be a good team-player as well as a leader, I've learned how to go about in the professional world of music, and how to take criticism. I have been truly blessed to attend Dreyfoos School of the Arts.
I like the diversity and inclusion. Attending this school prepares you for college. Because it is a performing arts school you have an academic tract and arts major tract and you have to balance both.