Alexander Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Albany, OH. It has 790 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Alexander Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-132 Students
- A+47 Students
- C-38 Students
- A-26 Students
- B15 Students
- C-14 Students
- A12 Students
- B+9 Students
- C8 Students
- B+8 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingA
- Good for FamiliesB
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Alexander Junior/Senior High School
- CNelsonville-York High School
- Nelsonville-York City School District, OH
- 68 reviews
- B-Federal Hocking High School
- Federal Hocking Local School District, OH
- 29 reviews
- C+Vinton County High School
- Vinton County Local School District, OH
- 56 reviews
- CMeigs High School
- Meigs Local School District, OH
- 37 reviews
Alexander Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I love the amount of activities there are to do to stay involved in the school. There are multiple sports offered during every season and also many clubs functioning throughout the school. The teachers also care a lot about the grades and how to help kids that are struggling with subjects. I love the school and the community that surrounds it!
High school is a rough time for everyone, however I do not believe the environment at Alexander helped with this. There are wonderful teachers at Alexander who care about their students, however the academics and resources are just okay. The high school poured a lot of money into sports, including the construction of a new fitness building while they were asking for the school to be provided with more money, and it would have been nice to see the administration care about other groups and clubs more. Overall the school is a little less than okay, with poor academics that do not do well to prepare for college or teach a student how to study (something I realized once I started taking courses at the local colleges). To be frank, I wish my parents had enrolled me at Athens High School where the academics are known to be better and the student population is more diverse.
The best thing about Alexander is the amazing teachers. They care about the students and their education, and try to create an open-to-learning environment so even those who do not enjoy being in class can get something out of it. I would, however, like to see Alexander try harder to help end bullying.