Alexander Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-106 Students
- A+38 Students
- C28 Students
- A-24 Students
- B14 Students
- A12 Students
- C-12 Students
- C-7 Students
- B+7 Students
- B+5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Alexander Junior/Senior High School
- B-Nelsonville-York High School
- Nelsonville-York City School District, OH
- 67 reviews
- B-Federal Hocking High School
- Federal Hocking Local School District, OH
- 28 reviews
- CVinton County High School
- Vinton County Local School District, OH
- 50 reviews
- C+Meigs High School
- Meigs Local School District, OH
- 31 reviews
Alexander Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Review Alexander Junior/Senior High School
High school is a rough time for everyone, however I do not believe the environment at Alexander helped with this. There are wonderful teachers at Alexander who care about their students, however the academics and resources are just okay. The high school poured a lot of money into sports, including the construction of a new fitness building while they were asking for the school to be provided with more money, and it would have been nice to see the administration care about other groups and clubs more. Overall the school is a little less than okay, with poor academics that do not do well to prepare for college or teach a student how to study (something I realized once I started taking courses at the local colleges). To be frank, I wish my parents had enrolled me at Athens High School where the academics are known to be better and the student population is more diverse.
I do feel safe at school even without armed guards or metal detectors. I think students would feel more safe though if some metal detectors were implemented because I know of too many people that have brought guns and knives to school without administrators knowing. Although there are far too many doors for people to get in that it would be impossible for everyone to go through metal detectors. Most doors are supposed to be locked almost all the time, except there are many times when people can just walk into the building or even get out of the building without people knowing.
Alexander is a very tight knit school, everyone knows everyone. The academics are okay. However they do not offer a lot of college readiness classes. The school is not very diverse so it does not help a student experience different culture as they may in college so the culture shock might be too much for some. There is not a lot of facilities able for the students to use to do extracurricular activities so that involvement is slowly dwindling.