Alexander Hamilton Senior High School Reviews

Hamilton Highs School is a good to overall. My experience here was the best and I wish I can start back all over again.
Alexander Hamilton is a good school if you want to follow a music career, because they have a great musical program.
I was in the music academy at Alexander Hamilton and the academics was a bit easy so you were able to focus on music, but since I love music but want to pursue engineering i had to go above and beyond and take college classes.
As of recently our music programs have had a break though with Adidas funding the construction of a new recording station.
For the music academy the mathematics teachers aren't that great and pretty slow and boring. I suggest applying the humanities mathematics because it is faster and more challenging.
Alexander Hamilton High School is a school that contains a myriad of resources for students who are college-bound and also has a great ethnic diversity aspect. Fulfillment Fund and Upward Bound are two non-profit organization that offers its services on campus that include one-to-one mentoring, college advising, and leadership opportunities from which I've greatly benefited from. I feel fortunate to attend a school that offers AP courses because not only do I love the challenge, but it is also eye-capturing to colleges! Although, I've found it a bit hard to develop that one-to-one relation with teachers- it seems that some do not enjoy their job. I think that there is a lot of discipline needed as there are often children who disrupt classes and many fights. I feel that as students, we do not have much of a voice as we are "children" or "under 18." Also, as a vegetarian, there are not many food choices offered to us by the LAUSD so I can't count on the school food.
Start Your Review of Alexander Hamilton Senior High School
There's problems with the relationship between students and administration. However, things are changing and there's meetings about what students want to change about school.
in Middle school, i had to choose between going to High school near home or to Hamilton High. I live in the Valley and school is in the city, i wake up at 5am every school day and get home around 6:30pm, so my school days are pretty tough. i went to Hami to follow my dream of music and i believe it is worth it to go this far for school. Hamilton has changed me many ways- it has been a great experience so far, the teachers are awesome! some days are tough but i i remind myself the reason i go here in the first place, friends, education, music.
Hamilton High School is a great performing arts school and has good academics. Teachers, councilors, and other faculties make sure students know what the rules are, what the A-G requirements are, and where to go if they need help. Hamilton has a no bullying policy which makes it easy for students to get along with their peers and accept one another. However, Hamilton does need to improve in their parent involvement, facilities and the food they serve to students. Most of the time bathrooms don't have toilet paper nor soap which makes it hard for a student to maintain clean, as well with the food, there are many low-income students here at Hamilton and they need to get lunch from the Free Reduce Lunch program. Moreover, Hamilton High School is great school, but they do need to improve in other categories.
The school consists of multiple small learning communities, each learning community consists of a common interest, among the most recognized are the Academy of Music and Performing Arts and the Humanities Magnet. These multiple learning communities offer students with different interest a place to all come together, making the school a melting pot of diversity in many different aspects.
I am currently a senior in the Humanities department at Alexander Hamilton High School. My experience in this program at the school has been nothing short of spectacular. My teachers encourage critical thinking and class engagement to fully grasp topics being addressed. We constantly have discussions about the human experience and important current events. I have truly learned many things about the world by being in this program, and my curiosity about why certain things happen the way they do worldwide has been influenced by my high school education and by my incredible teachers who have always pushed us to be the best we can be. The school's diversity is unmatched and I have met many lifelong friends here from all different backgrounds. My experience as a Hamilton Yankee has been extremely rigorous, yet memorable, and has left me with wonderful experiences that will last with me throughout my lifetime.
As a senior who has had the most expericence in at this school along with alumni, I would same that Hamilton High School is a good school to go to. They have a lot of diversity in both people and SLCs. This school is mostly know for its music and performing arts accademy, which I belong to. They really try to emphysize the need for perfect attendance. Also, the teachers in gerneral are very nice and cool.
Overall I had a pretty good experience at Alexander Hamilton Senior High School. I feel that there are definitely teachers there willing to help students in any way possible and there are teachers who don't seem motivated to be there at all. I feel like the school definitely has resources available to help students prepare for college but I also feel that the school lacks on reaching out to the students in giving them this information. There are definitely several opportunities that students have but don't really know about.
My experience at Hamilton High School was good and fun. I was involved in school activities such as clubs. The administrators and students are amazing and it is so diverse.
I am in the Humanities Magnet Program and it has been amazing. All the teachers are helpful, intelligent, and caring. My counselor, Dr.Yah, is also helpful. You can go to her for anything, academic or personal. If you are looking for a challenging yet fun honors program then definitely look into the humanities program.
Hamilton is overall a great school for arts, social studies, and math and science you shouldn't have a problem learning or joining a club that has to do with something that you love to do in and outside of school. You should never be bored of the school and you should always look forward to going back the next school day even with the "boring" academic classes that you shouldnt have a problem passing with your desired grades.
Mostly good teachers and okay facilities, the counselors are terrible but the music academy is wonderful.
The students and teachers were very nice, it just needs some remodeling. The field also needs to be redone.
I liked how the teachers in my magnet were very close to the students and really cared for them and their studies. Also they tried to push them hard in their classes and offered them help and gave them a chance to redeem themselves at times. It was a pleasure meeting the teachers and taking their classes.
Sign up for humanities I learned so much and not just about school. Its really fun in the humanities wheel. The books make you think and you'll fall in love like I did slowly and then all at once.
Start Your Review of Alexander Hamilton Senior High School
Hamilton is an extremely diverse high school, giving students so much appreciation for so many aspects of life including visual arts, athletics, humanities, education, performing arts, and diversity. I've had so many interactions and experiences at this school that I wouldn't have had anywhere else. It made me ambitious and highly curious about everything. The counselors are very willing to help and the teachers are very willing to network and create connections with the students. There are tons of programs to assist students with high ambitions and Hamilton does their best to help with whatever you need.
I love how the school is very diverse and United as a whole. Many assemblies were held in honor of other cultures and school pride. The academic level is high and there are many resources for us to prepare for college. Many people from colleges all around have informed us on how to prepare for college. I've became involved in clubs and school events.
The best thing about Hamilton are there teachers and staff. They do their very best to watch you succeed and reach out to you to make sure that you stay on track.