Alexander Hamilton High School Reviews

The school is small enough that all faces are familiar. What like about this schools is that its small that every teacher knows everyone and are able to help each student individuality according to their needs. Overall, this high school has the right environment for learning in which our graduation percent is high. The activities offered in this school are helpful for the students to achieve the seven highly effective habits: Sharpen the saw , begin with the end in mind, be proactive, put first things first, think win-win, seek first to understand, then to be understood, and synergize. What I do not like about this school is that they do not give out opportunities for outside activities as other schools may offer. Any student attending this school goes out and finds their own opportunities. In a way, it shows students responsibility but going out to find opportunities for most students is difficult. Lastly, Alexander Hamilton has given me a great experience.
I enjoyed my time here and from what my younger sister has said, things seem to be even better than when I attended. The food is great! The teachers are spectacular!
Alexander Hamilton is a very diverse and academically acclaimed high school with friendly teachers, great sport programs and awesome after school activities.
Review Alexander Hamilton High School
Not a great school, many teachers don't truly care about advancing the students; they simply collect their paycheck. That attitude translates to the students, and in return they don't care about their own future. As a former student here I can attest that the environment does not help one learn. I would like to see more programs to stimulate the interest of the students, maybe some classes or programs that can better prepare a student for college and the real world.
It's a very close knit community: everyone knows everyone.
Should have more programs for students to get involved in. Especially academic clubs.
Teachers are very kind and willing to go beyond traditional responsibilities.
The teachers care deeply about their students. They inspire them to do their best and often find ways to reach students with all sorts of challenges. They communicate with parents and students always know where they stand. Teachers look for unique opportunities to challenge our students and encourage academic growth, from Princeton Model Congress to slam poetry contests, to all sorts of inter-district competitions.
The school may seem small for others, but I like it. You develop a close bond with teachers as if they are your best friend and aren't a teacher.
I really enjoy this school.
There are many groups and clubs to join at Hamilton. More than half the school participates in sports/clubs.
The teachers at Hamilton are so nurturing and care about the students and help each student succeed in life.
The school administratives are always so caring and do their best to help students.
The students love to play sports. They are always ready for any game and persevere through the game.
There are not a variety of courses at this school. The work is not challenging or stimulating. The teachers mostly do the bare minimum and do not go above and beyond for their students.
There are not that many athletic facilities at this school, but that is due to its small size. There is not a variety of sports and there is no school spirit. Some teams to really well and others have losing streaks.
There have been many new cameras installed in my school. The main doors are now locked and can only be opened by an access card or you have to be buzzed in. Bullying is very prominent in my school, but there is an anti-bullying club.
Review Alexander Hamilton High School
My experience at this school has been okay. It is very small and everyone knows each other, which is what makes it unique. Being that it is so small, the variety of courses, sports, and clubs is limited. Although I often want to go to a bigger school with more opportunities, I cherish the experiences I have had here and the friendships I have made. The teachers are really nice for the most part.
The food services are okay. They have gotten better over the years, although they have gotten expensive. I don't think there are enough healthy food options besides the salads. They also don't cater that much to students with special dietary needs or preferences.
At this school, there isn't that much diversity of the students. Due to this factor, if someone of a different background arrives at the school, people are skeptical of them and often not accepting.