Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Alexander Hamilton High School is an above average, public school located in Elmsford, NY. It has 458 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Alexander Hamilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+37 Students
- grade A minus35 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
- grade B33 Students
- grade B+28 Students
- grade B minus25 Students
- grade A+23 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade A23 Students
- grade C+23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade D+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- School Plays67%
- Class Clash33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$33,256 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Alexander Hamilton High School
- grade BRidgefield Park Junior/Senior High School
- Ridgefield Park School District, NJ
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 144 reviews
- grade B+Palisades Park Junior/Senior High School
- Palisades Park School District, NJ
- Rating 3.51 out of 5 70 reviews
- grade BPort Chester Senior High School
- Port Chester-Rye Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 144 reviews
- grade B+Teaneck Senior High School
- Teaneck School District, NJ
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 267 reviews
Alexander Hamilton High School Reviews
Rating 3.62 out of 5 55 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Alexander Hamilton High School is a great school because it has so many positive features. It makes students and families to be valued, accepted and to be safe making them feel like we are part of their family too. Also, the staffs and teachers make sure they create a positive environment and program so that the students can be successful and conquer their weaknesses. Furthermore, our leadership is outstanding and continuing to set examples for others will follow provide trust and hope. In my opinion, I do not think that anything needs to be changed. However, the school needs to continue to strive for greatness, be strong and better.
My goal when I came to Hamilton was to leave it better as I found it. In middle school, I can say that my experience was ordinary for the most part but I can honestly say that it needs improvement. To begin, our school needs to work on encouraging the student's voices. When it comes to down to decision making, our school falls short in communication and listening to the people being impacted. I am apart of our equity team and in that respect, I can say that our teachers are trying but I feel like they need to be held accountable for the things they say and do to become better and foster a better learning environment for our students. It is time for teachers to bear the burden instead of having the students fend for themselves. On the outside, our school looks like a community, but on the inside, our school is broken.
Attending Alexander Hamilton High School felt very long because it is a middle/high school today. I started going to the school when I was just in seventh grade. Going to the school, I meant a lot of caring and loving people who cares dearly about the kids such as, I, education and daily health. They always check up on us, make sure we get the extra time and help we deserve, and most importantly, we have fun while doing it. What I loved most about my high school was how open I could be with the faulty member. For instance, the assistant principal who is now a principal for the elementary school in the district. She was basically my best friend. Whenever I felt that I was down and in trouble, I could talk to her about it without feeling upset. She help me to be the strong person I am today in college, along with the rest of the staff.