Alexander Hamilton High School is an above average, public school located in Elmsford, NY. It has 440 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Alexander Hamilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+19 Students
- B+17 Students
- A-16 Students
- A-13 Students
- B13 Students
- A12 Students
- B11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A-10 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Alexander Hamilton High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Alexander Hamilton High School
- B+Ridgefield Park Junior/Senior High School
- Ridgefield Park School District, NJ
- 117 reviews
- APalisades Park Junior/Senior High School
- Palisades Park Board of Education, NJ
- 54 reviews
- BPort Chester Senior High School
- Port Chester-Rye Union Free School District, NY
- 123 reviews
- B+Teaneck Senior High School
- Teaneck School District, NJ
- 205 reviews
Alexander Hamilton High School Reviews
The school is small enough that all faces are familiar. What like about this schools is that its small that every teacher knows everyone and are able to help each student individuality according to their needs. Overall, this high school has the right environment for learning in which our graduation percent is high. The activities offered in this school are helpful for the students to achieve the seven highly effective habits: Sharpen the saw , begin with the end in mind, be proactive, put first things first, think win-win, seek first to understand, then to be understood, and synergize. What I do not like about this school is that they do not give out opportunities for outside activities as other schools may offer. Any student attending this school goes out and finds their own opportunities. In a way, it shows students responsibility but going out to find opportunities for most students is difficult. Lastly, Alexander Hamilton has given me a great experience.
Going on 6 weeks since we enrolled our child in AHHS, maybe it was our expectations since it is such a small school but they (the teachers ) lack at their jobs. Poor response to emails if none at all, uploading of grades barely, random changing of dates for exams & hw, my child is still awaiting after over a week to find out his test results. Double period in library where they get to surf risky content online with no problems nor teacher caring as to what they do, read, or watch online. This is where our tax dollars go ...We don't exactly feel the core classes are building enough stability needed to conquer the regents exams ..When compared to what others are learning in other schools it seems AHHS is just giving easy work/ bare minimum instead of helping kids be prepared for the regents. We are trying to keep an open mind as it's still early in the school year but so far very disappointed..
One of the things I liked most about my school is how small it is: you get to see the same people every day and not have to worry about seeing a new face, unless there is a new student of course. We may not be the biggest school, but I feel like we are the most united as we all try to make the community a better place through volunteering especially. I think we need to work on improving our food for lunch and adding more clubs and sports for people to participate in.