Alexander Central High School Reviews

There should be a higher focus on academics and preparing for college. I would also like to be informed of prestigious activities outside of school.
Though I had a couple teachers that I didn't fully agree with during my time so far, it is, overall, a great school with friendly people and not as chaotic as some other schools. I have pride for this school and hope the rest of my years are just as great.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my high school experience! I love all the employees and students that make it up; and I know that each teacher has a true passion for their students. I love my school and how amazing it is. The only thing that could be improved is the communication from faculty to parents. Other than that this school is a wonderful school and I have had such wonderful experiences here.
Start Your Review of Alexander Central High School
Money is more important than education to them. They run a puppy mill out of students. Unless you're rich or athletic they don't care about you.
Alexander Central High School is an awesome school. The principals are strict, but also approachable if you have a problem. All the teachers and counselors are very nice and help you in every way they can. Becky Dupuis was my biology teacher, and she is the best teacher I think you could possibly ever have. The entire school is great. If the school would have more money it would be even better, because they could have faster and more reliable technology. I truthfully wouldn't change anything. Alexander Central High School is a great high school.
The work load is not too much but also is not too less. It is a fair amount. Teachers are involved. Scheduling is made online and with help of our counselors.
Our school is very accepting. I know there is some situations where it could feel like someone isn't accepting but give it a few days and everything will go back to normal. There is peer pressure everywhere so that is hard to explain. Race is never a big problem we are mixed with different kinds of ethnic /racial people.
Beta club is a big organization for students with a 4.0 to do community work for hours. It looks good for college applications. Skills USA is another club that is considered great. I think student section/ Spirit club is a fun group to be in. Administration is supportive.
Friday nights at the Alexander Central High School football games is the best experience. The students become involved in the student section and parents and basically the whole town will be there. What makes it unique is that there is no bigger family like Alexander Central and our supporters. I would choose it again if I started all over because cheerleading for the my High School is a great experience. My friends and teachers have become family. Our Principle is a great man with great personality and does not discriminate. Alexander Central Cougars is the best out there!!
Teaching styles are broken down by steps each day. I have not had a teacher that is not helpful or is not willing to help me in some way. Every teacher has communication by either email or instant text message apps. Grading is very fair, we have an online website where our teachers post our grades and let us know how we are doing or if there is any missing work.
Teachers have to do the nurses work.
Most of our extracurriculars are during school, so they are easily accessible.
I love this school so much.
Every teacher that I have personally met at Alexander Central High School wants thee best for each of their students and will use all of their resources to help the students.
While Alexander Central is an average school in my opinion i do find that they somewhat lack in support for their academic clubs. For example one of my favorite memories was a trip i took to a chess tournament last year with the chess club. Unfortunately many of our member could not go because of lack of transportation and because we had to pay for our own hotel rooms. Thank goodness for our chess club teacher because of he payed for a few of our more talented members to go so that they good really use their talents.
Most teacher generally seem to care but do not adequately show the students real life example of how their lesson tie into every day life.
Most parents are very young and do not really do much.
Start Your Review of Alexander Central High School
Most of the teachers do engage students in their lessons, but others just toss the work and lesson at the students and let them fly on their own. We have SmartLunch where teachers engage and help those students who are struggling and that's great, but overall, they are okay.
When you go down the halls at school you will always see a couple kissing.
This school offers a wide selection of classes that students can take