Aledo High School Reviews

The teachers were very helpful in guiding me to succeed in my future. The counselors were very insightful and the school in general was very well organzied.
Nobody is prepared for the real world while living in Aledo. Everyone is in this bubble because most people have money and no problems. People are fake and stuck up.
Aledo High School offers a 5-star high school experience for students of all kinds. The staff and student body are both very warm and friendly which serves to create relationships throughout students' 4 years of attendance that will last a lifetime. The academic competition and athletic dominance inspired by tradition and top-tier staff give students an extreme competitive edge in whatever they pursue upon graduation. Reflecting after my first year of college in San Antonio, one change that I would like to see at Aledo High School is an increase in ethnic diversity in students and staff.
Start Your Review of Aledo High School
Great opportunities for athletics and fine arts. The teachers are helpful and the AP courses prepare you for college.
The staff is so amazing, and they are always striving to bring out the best in the student body, but one thing that I could criticize my district on would be the distribution of funds between the programs in the school. Having been in band since 6th grade, I understand the struggles we have consistently endured to raise money and support for the band program. With most of the districts funds going to the football program, other programs are having trouble obtaining money for simple necessities. Another example of the unequal distribution of funding is found within the theater department. For the last production, students had to personally cover the costs of costumes and props. Is this really the way it should be if we want the students to truly enjoy what they may be going into a career in? Yes all 3 programs mentioned are successful. But without sufficient funding, the artists withing the fine arts programs are struggling to unlock their full potential.
I have lived in Aledo, Texas my whole life and I would not have changed anything. Aledo High School has been a tremendous experience and has gotten me ready for the next chapter of my life.
Aledo High School is known for their sports, mainly football. If you do not play a sport or have not gone to school there for most of your school career, it is hard to make friends. Overall, the academics were okay, and nothing was very rigirious.
I really like it, the teachers are great and really care about their jobs and students. The school is nice and racism and bullying aren't really a problem.
This school is okay a lot of judging and the classes and very hard on you. All the teacher except you to be the best. A lot of worksheets but thy don't explain things to you
this is by far the biggest school ive ever been to but everyone thinks its small for some reason. even so, this is a pretty good school
This school, while not the smallest, is fairly tight-knit. There is a place for everyone, no matter your interests. The football team is exceptional, as well as the band and color guard programs. The teachers are all highly qualified, and are willing to help any student succeed, no matter the circumstance.
In Aledo High school the people surrounding you make you feel welcome. The staff and administration work hard to ensure that you will succeed in whatever path you choose to take. Before the students began to look into their classes for high school, we all attended an informational meeting about what our four years of high school should generally look like. This included showing all requirements for graduation.
It is a very good school that consists of both good academics and sports. The teachers there always put the student first and the curriculum is driven toward college readiness.
I moved to Aledo in seventh grade, and was so frightened of change and basically starting a whole new life in a new town. It was unfamiliar for me to say the least, but Aledo welcomed me with open arms and made me feel comfortable. The staff and students are amazing, accepting of everyone and their different qualities. I would change nothing about Aledo High School, it is a great school and I'm so lucky for the opportunity to attend there.
Aledo High School marked a distinctive turning point in my life, my future choices, and my educational career. This highly active high school is not only cultivates great athletes, but amazing community as well. Education is as intentional as the student makes it to be which fosters responsibility among students. Aledo, like all other high schools, has flaws as well. It does not meet diversity standards by any means and tends to focus attention to priority sports such as football rather than allowing other departments to flourish. After attending this school for three years, I would highly recommend attendance. I feel more prepared for college after this excellent high school experience.
Aledo High School is a wonderful school to learn and grow, however, it could stand to focus more on education and diversity than sports.
I had a great experience with MOST of the teachers at AHS. However, some faculty members acted as if they did not give two hoots whether you succeeded or not.
Start Your Review of Aledo High School
Aledo High School has a lot of great teachers that truly care about their students. AHS is very strong in acedemics and sports.
The learning I experience they provided me with was the best anyone could have offered me. Not only was I encouraged to excel in academics, I was introduced to many other stimulating extra curricular activities. The excessive amount of extra curricular can be argues to be expensive and unnecessary but I feel confident to speak for everyone attending high school the the extra curricular programs are in fact what help us grow and mature the way we are supposed to. Attending Aledo High School has show me how grateful I am to be offered such excellent and prestigious options and lucky to have a wonderful staff that prioritizes not only success in education but success in life itself. I am proud to say that there is nothing I would want to change at Aledo High School.
I received an excellent education! Academics are competitive. Sports are huge. Academic UIL and Speech & Debate are well known, and the teachers actually care how the students are doing both in and out of the classroom.