Aledo High School Reviews

Aledo is a great school in most ways. The only thing I wish was different was the way the administration approaches its students. I feel that the requests of the students should be taken more seriously rather than threatened or punished. Students weren't allowed to decorate their graduation caps, a tradition that thousands of schools all over the country participate in. The principle refused to even discuss the matter despite the pleas of multiple students.
Aledo has great academics but we focus way to much on sports and leave out the fine arts.. Also Aledo high school is was over crowded there needs to be another high school or expansions
I always felt like I belonged to Aledo. I was involved in band, and there was never a dull moment while participating in it. I made lifelong friends here and I am always happy to visit my teachers and fellow students.
Start Your Review of Aledo High School
I enjoy Aledo High Schools ability to prepare me for college as well as have challenging but entertaining courses.
I love Aledo High School, because it has one of the best atmospheres. I have been going to Aledo all of my life, and absolutely love it. The sports on Friday night are something you cannot beat. The teachers have been amazing my whole career, and have been extremely helpful. I could not ask for a better school.
The teachers are very supportive and will help you with anything you need. Everyone is very friendly and they are very welcoming to new people. I am not a fan of the exemption policy at the high school. I feel that exempting people from their finals does not prepare them for college, does not help them develop good study habits, and causes people to be more worried about their attendance and making a passing grade than trying to really excel and do well in the class. Other than that Aledo high school is a very good school, and I recommend it to others.
The AP teachers care greatly about their students' success. Grade inflation is extreme, to the point that a responsible student who turns their work in on time can nearly always achieve at least a mid B. Football is almost like a cult, and people tailgate the high school games, but they are very successful. The population is very white and there is little diversity, but the campus is extremely safe and students can leave their valuables in the open, and the worst thing that happens is having to go to the lost and found to retrieve them.
I had a fun time while at Aledo High School and some of the teachers might just be the best teachers you’ll ever have. A downside however, is that some of the teachers might also be the worst teachers you’ll ever have. Overall though, Aledo is a pretty good school in which I enjoyed my time at
I loved how involved I was for the last couple years and it was the typical high school experience you would think! It included it's bad times, good time and aledo definitley helped me grow as a person
I once saw a map of Fort Worth in a book called "Judgemental Maps" and on the map Aledo was labeled "Parents who think their kids are too good for Fort Worth schools". I laughed at how accurate this was! I was my third high School I went to and the only word to describe this school is extravagant! The academics were generally very productive and enjoyable as well as the teachers. The athletics were top ranking in almost every sport although I never involved myself with any because they did not offer my sport (Lacrosse). My only complaint is the diversity, generally all of the students were well educated, white upper middle class who were very sheltered. Although even with this fact, I found it very easy to make friends and everyone was very accepting!
Excellent School for academics and sports. Reasonable number of students. Plenty of clubs and extracurricular activities. Locates in a rural setting which makes it community based with a great deal of parent involvement. Administration really cares for the students and accepts diversity which is mostly found in learning challenges.
The teachers were very helpful in guiding me to succeed in my future. The counselors were very insightful and the school in general was very well organzied.
Nobody is prepared for the real world while living in Aledo. Everyone is in this bubble because most people have money and no problems. People are fake and stuck up.
Aledo High School offers a 5-star high school experience for students of all kinds. The staff and student body are both very warm and friendly which serves to create relationships throughout students' 4 years of attendance that will last a lifetime. The academic competition and athletic dominance inspired by tradition and top-tier staff give students an extreme competitive edge in whatever they pursue upon graduation. Reflecting after my first year of college in San Antonio, one change that I would like to see at Aledo High School is an increase in ethnic diversity in students and staff.
Great opportunities for athletics and fine arts. The teachers are helpful and the AP courses prepare you for college.
The staff is so amazing, and they are always striving to bring out the best in the student body, but one thing that I could criticize my district on would be the distribution of funds between the programs in the school. Having been in band since 6th grade, I understand the struggles we have consistently endured to raise money and support for the band program. With most of the districts funds going to the football program, other programs are having trouble obtaining money for simple necessities. Another example of the unequal distribution of funding is found within the theater department. For the last production, students had to personally cover the costs of costumes and props. Is this really the way it should be if we want the students to truly enjoy what they may be going into a career in? Yes all 3 programs mentioned are successful. But without sufficient funding, the artists withing the fine arts programs are struggling to unlock their full potential.
I have lived in Aledo, Texas my whole life and I would not have changed anything. Aledo High School has been a tremendous experience and has gotten me ready for the next chapter of my life.
Start Your Review of Aledo High School
Aledo High School is known for their sports, mainly football. If you do not play a sport or have not gone to school there for most of your school career, it is hard to make friends. Overall, the academics were okay, and nothing was very rigirious.
I really like it, the teachers are great and really care about their jobs and students. The school is nice and racism and bullying aren't really a problem.
This school is okay a lot of judging and the classes and very hard on you. All the teacher except you to be the best. A lot of worksheets but thy don't explain things to you