Alden Senior High School Reviews

I love how all of the students talk to one another no matter what their grade level is. The only thing that would make High School better is if students got more help picking a college, their major and find out what scholarships available for them.
All together, Alden is a very snug and companionable community, with a total population of a little over 10,000 community members within it. Being such a welcoming and small area, the schools are just as personal. Because of the graduating class of about 130, close relationships form not only between students, but as well as teachers, guidance counselors and even the principle. Not only are the people within the school friendly, but the school itself is prominent. Alden Senior High school offers a variety of extracurricular activities including; Oceanography, Creative Writing, Computer Applications, Black and White Photography and Sculpture and Ceramics, only naming a few. Having the opportunity to experience the various courses assists students in discovering what they like or dislike participating in. Overall, Alden School District provides a immense amount of opportunites for all members of the community.
Alden has been great to me. The town is full of volunteers of all ages. The students in my class are highly intellectual, creating some friendly competition. I had the opportunity of playing in several sports, all which I have enjoyed thoroughly. I made many new friends easily after coming in in ninth grade not knowing a single person. Alden has a great atmosphere that is almost always positive. I will miss this school for sure.
Review Alden Senior High School
The majority of the teachers I come in contact with are are knowledgeable in the subjects they teach and are concerned with the students success. There are many ways the teachers at my school make sure that communication with parents and students is on going. For example, each teacher has a webpage for the class they teach. All information, such as supply lists, assignments, and resource links are available. Other teachers use an app, similar to Facebook to list assignments and review for upcoming tests. I have also had a teacher who would text the class reminders and notify students when test scores were posted. Overall, i believe that the teachers at Alden High School are considerate, resourceful, and very helpful to all students in need of extra assistance.
I have no need to ever feel unsafe in the school. We have many drills through the year so that we are prepared in case of an emergency.
We have an excellent theater program along with many fun clubs although some could be better advised.
Being such a small school, everyone knows everyone and in my opinion, makes the school closer as a whole.
Some are very helpful for students, other may pick favorites or just are generally not as helpful.
Always feel safe, staff is trustworthy and reliable
Everyone is always welcome, wide variety of athletic and academic opportunities
many clubs and activities to choose from, welcoming teachers and staff, want to help you succeed
Personable teachers, teachers always avaiable and want to help you do your best
The nurse could be better equipped and the school could have better safety prcedures
There is more of an emphasis on sports than on everything else
Some teachers clearly enjoy teaching while others are only here for the pay check.
Some things could be improved on, but the majority of things are good.
There is an okay amount of work, sometimes it is overwhelming.
Review Alden Senior High School
Some teachers truly care about their students. Others do not.
I think our school is very safe. They do not tolerate bullying.
There are a lot of clubs. However, most of them are for people who do the play and theater. Not many people like the clubs offered.