Alcovy High School Reviews

Alcovy is a decent school. Your student is bound to do well because they have teachers that work well with their students. Alcovy also offers a number of different organizations for your student to participate in such af DECA, FBLA, and FCCLA, etc. They also have a number of sports that students can participate in such as football, golf, basketball, baseball, tennis, wrestling, cheerleading, soccor, etc. Your student has a number of things to keep them involved in school to and to help prepare them for their future.
Alcovy High School is filled with plenty teachers who don't really care for their students. A lot of the students are distracting or distracted. The food is horrible and they took our vendors away because they weren't making enough money. They charge us too much for anything. The sports teams aren't that good either. And no student or teacher has any kind of faith in the school. They should hire teachers who genuinely cares for the students education.
My learning experience is okay, but the place was disgusting. I want to see it cleaned up a little. Also, there were times when I didn't really feel safe.
Start Your Review of Alcovy High School
Alcovy High School offers a diverse set of students, ones that will succeed with flying colors and others that can't stand being there- both of these additudes show.
The teachers are wonderful. If you have any trouble at all understanding the material it’s nothing to solve by just raising a hand. They go out of their way to make sure you pass & understand the curriculum.
What I like about Alcovy High School is that it is very diverse and full of school spirit. Lots of students are involved in so much. The teachers, coaches, and counselors there want you to succeed not only in school but in everyday life because when we step out into the world, we are going to see just how much society will change. There is nothing I would want to see change about Alcovy but I do want to see Alcovy continue inspiring the youth that comes into the school. To continue providing the help that each student needs and to also bring more school spirit than they already have.
Alcovy High School is a very diverse school. Most teachers help the students strive to achieve greatness, but the student must want the same for themselves. But even if the student does not , the teacher still tries to make a connect with the student. The spirit at Alcovy is only what the students make it in my opinion. If the students make the prep rally’s and spirit weeks and things of that nature , less exciting then no one will have a good time. But if the students make an effort to have fun at those school function then it will be fun. Overall Alcovy is a good school but it requires the students help.
Quality education but average district. Mant students start fights, participate it drugs/alcohol/smoking even in the parking lots on campus, and have no value for other people. Also it is sometimes highly disorganized with activities and events
Alcovy provided me with a solid foundation. The one thing I would change is the fair way they rank their senior students.
The teachers and staff are great when it comes to education but wonder why there are so many fights. When a problem is brought upon the staff where another student said this and this, starting a problem between them and another student, they don't do anything but talk it out which helps nothing at all. That is bullying and the school let's the kids get away with it giving them no type of punishment at all. If they punished the bullies then there would be less fights and I can promise you that.
Alcovy High School is a good school, but it has its flaws like most other high schools. I have pride in it, no doubt: there are talented students and incredibly inspiring teachers. The fact is, there are many students and teachers that give the school a poor image at times. In my personal experience, I've seen teachers that don't care enough, and others that go out of their way to help kids. They balance each other out, though, and overall; it's a good school.
I went for a full 4 years. I had challenges but I also had fun. School functions are super fun and inexpensive. Sometimes teachers get ran over by students and there is alot of drama that goes throughout the school. The police officers are more than just officers they also act as counselors and help out troubled students. The janitors do the best they can with cleaning up the halls, cafeteria and bathrooms but student don't care and leave messes everywhere. The diversity there is great as well. Other than the flaws I think that alcovy is a good school.
I had a blast in the clubs and meeting new people, most of the teachers motivate you to do better but sometimes the daily interruptions from the teacher to address a student is bothersome when the student could be sent out the classroom. The school could also improve on the cleanliness and safety of the building.
I would like to see a change in the culture of the school. The students lack pride and motivation. I would like for more resources for continuing education to be available for students; as well as a higher standard that is set for learning.
The best thing I like about Alcovy is my music program. My teacher prepares us for advanced placements in college choirs. We have opportunities to travel, do solo auditions and are scouted by colleges. I’m now a senior and preparing to apply to various schools that will provide music scholarships. So far the responses are great, I look forward to the big reveal towards the end of senior year. #GoTigers
Alcovy is overall a very mediocre high school. The academics are not great, lots of fights, but attending has nonetheless been a very enjoyable experience.
The students here really show a lack of respect to teachers and fellow students. Many teachers cannot control their classes and it makes it hard to learn. There are some teachers, though, who genuinely care that make going to school worthwhile. Water often leaks from the ceilings, spilling into hallways. It makes the building look old and rundown, but it is only 12 years old.
Start Your Review of Alcovy High School
Alcovy High School is just a school, nothing special just ordinary. I wish I had more positive things to say, but one experience I’ll never forget was my Freshman year. I was falsely accused of stealing a phone from a white female. That was the moment I knew I was a black male in society and was being judged by the color of my skin and not the content of my character or the way I was raised. The resource officer questioned and threathened me with charges. This almost put a dark cloud over my entire freshman year. However, with the support of my family, I have beaten the stereotypes of the way the black man is viewed in society. I am proud to say I’m a graduating senior that leaves with a strong perception that bad situations don’t define you but they build you and give you wisdom.
The teachers here are very helpful , and the students enjoy learning and getting ready to exit out into the world.
Alcovy has a great atmosphere, good student life. The teachers teach and understand their subjects really well, especially those in advanced placement. There is a lot of extra curricular activities that provide a lot for students to do and get volunteer hours. Overall Alcovy does a great job preparing its students for college.