Alcovy High School is a public school located in Covington, GA. It has 1,964 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Alcovy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+396 Students
- A+297 Students
- B+254 Students
- B184 Students
- B-170 Students
- A-146 Students
- A+145 Students
- B-143 Students
- B130 Students
- C110 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Alcovy High School Reviews
My experience at Alcovy High School was a very interesting journey. Through the process there were the high and low moments and even the in-between moments. Though there were many sour moments during my time attending this school, there were many positives. Some of these positives include, intriguing field trips, gaining close bonds with some of the faculty, and outside vending for lunch (Chikfila, Zaxbys, etc.). There were also many sour moments during my time here which includes, (poor location, lack of school spirit, and an overall toxic environment. The environment at Alcovy is highly toxic due to the fact administration was lazy with certain situations and circumstances; as well as teachers often showing lack of attention and effort. This made my time at Alcovy poor because I feel my time here didn't fully prepare me for college and the real world.
Although Alcovy staffs seem to care, after being there for four years, it is obvious they do not. We have multiple incidents where there should be some sort of outcry, but instead, administration covers it all and pretends it never happened. The clubs try to cool and fun, but most are poorly funded. There are some teachers that care for their students and the rest have an attitude of hatred towards students and generally their job and as a result their students suffer majorly. I'm giving this an average because I was involved with the marching band, which I enjoyed until the principal fired the band director and replaced him and I had great friends to make that hole of a place enjoyable.
Within my three and a half years of attending Alcovy, I can say that it is a very friendly and wonderful school. Going to the football or basketball games were thrilling, especially because I was able to cheer for both sports for two years. Seeing every student coming out to participate and support Alcovy was the best experience. The first thing I like about my school are the teachers. Alcovy is filled with very school spirited teachers. Also filled with teachers who want every student to be succeed. So, they are easy to talk to when asking for help and are very understanding. As far as what I would want to see change about Alcovy, is nothing. The school is perfect in its own way and how it is now is what make Alcovy the great school it is.