Alcovy High School is a public school located in Covington, GA. It has 1,964 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Alcovy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+364 Students
- A+274 Students
- B+231 Students
- B167 Students
- B-158 Students
- A-134 Students
- B-133 Students
- A+124 Students
- B118 Students
- C+94 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Alcovy High School Reviews
Within my three and a half years of attending Alcovy, I can say that it is a very friendly and wonderful school. Going to the football or basketball games were thrilling, especially because I was able to cheer for both sports for two years. Seeing every student coming out to participate and support Alcovy was the best experience. The first thing I like about my school are the teachers. Alcovy is filled with very school spirited teachers. Also filled with teachers who want every student to be succeed. So, they are easy to talk to when asking for help and are very understanding. As far as what I would want to see change about Alcovy, is nothing. The school is perfect in its own way and how it is now is what make Alcovy the great school it is.
Alcovy is a decent school. Your student is bound to do well because they have teachers that work well with their students. Alcovy also offers a number of different organizations for your student to participate in such af DECA, FBLA, and FCCLA, etc. They also have a number of sports that students can participate in such as football, golf, basketball, baseball, tennis, wrestling, cheerleading, soccor, etc. Your student has a number of things to keep them involved in school to and to help prepare them for their future.
I gave my school 3 stars because there are many places where they can approve. The diversity is amazing at our school. Clubs and activities can be organized and promoted better than it is. Being an AP student at Alcovy, some teachers prepare me for college while others could care less. The safety of this school could be way better. Students leave school at any time to go to their cars, teachers and students prop random doors open, and there is hardly anyone guarding the one and only front door we have. Our athletic department has improved majorly due to new head and assistant coaches. A majority of administration are very nice to me because I actually follow the rules. The food is terrible, but you get used to it after attending the school for four years. The counselors are great, especially our new graduation coach. He offered to help and he is very interactive with the students. Overall I have enjoyed my experience at Alcovy, but they are slowly improving.