Alcovy High School is a public school located in Covington, GA. It has 2,029 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 20% in reading.
Alcovy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+302 Students
- A+238 Students
- B+200 Students
- B150 Students
- B-125 Students
- B-123 Students
- A-114 Students
- A+96 Students
- B+93 Students
- B-78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Alcovy High School Reviews
I gave my school 3 stars because there are many places where they can approve. The diversity is amazing at our school. Clubs and activities can be organized and promoted better than it is. Being an AP student at Alcovy, some teachers prepare me for college while others could care less. The safety of this school could be way better. Students leave school at any time to go to their cars, teachers and students prop random doors open, and there is hardly anyone guarding the one and only front door we have. Our athletic department has improved majorly due to new head and assistant coaches. A majority of administration are very nice to me because I actually follow the rules. The food is terrible, but you get used to it after attending the school for four years. The counselors are great, especially our new graduation coach. He offered to help and he is very interactive with the students. Overall I have enjoyed my experience at Alcovy, but they are slowly improving.
I've had as many good experiences at Alcovy as bad ones it's just life. What I will say is the extra curricular activities at the school are phenomenal. You're guaranteed to find something outside of a standard classroom environment you will enjoy if you pursue it. In addition the tutoring and academic support the school provides is excellent. As long as you talk to enough teachers, staff, and peers about what you need help in you'll be able to get it. With that said what I would like to see changed about the school is how discipline is performed. Far too many misbehaviors end in a slap on the type punishment that doesn't discourage the students ,or teachers in some cases, to not repeat their violation. This school has many things going for it though as mentioned above so I wouldn't underestimate the facility's potential.
I would describe my experience at Alcovy High School as average. The majority of Alcovy's staff have great attitudes that encourage an environment of learning. However, there are some staff and faculty that seem to be indifferent towards students if they request help. Academically, the school could use some improvement. In my personal experience, even the AP classes were not very challenging. I feel as if Alcovy could improve more by focusing on preparing students for college instead of just preparing them for the next grade level. Overall, it is a decent high school with great school spirit but there are some issues that need to be addressed.