Alcott Humanities High School Reviews

Alcott is a small school, so I really like that you can have strong connections with your teachers and you're not just another face in the crowd. It is also very open to new ideas, so students can create their own clubs so long as the students are committed and it's within the school budget. One thing I wish is that the school was more organized and on top of their game. Sometimes it feels like the students and teachers have to do a lot of what administration should be doing. Admin needs to step up their game when it comes to spreading the word and raising money for the school. Otherwise, Alcott is pretty amazing. There are diverse people and cultures, and it feels like a tight-knit community.
I like that the teachers care about there students future and tries to give extra help outside of school hours. The only thing that I don't like about my high school is that we don't have that many after school programs for students to join.
This school is like no other school. Yes, they have their rules, but only to keep their students safe. Also, is a place that you can feel at home with all the smiling faces between your friends and staff members. They truly care for you and make sure that you as a student walk across that stage.
Review Alcott Humanities High School
amazing it very friendly here at Alcott everyone knows each other teachers will stay after during there break to help you the most they can.
Alcott is a democratic school. We believe in our students having a voice. Due to our students having that chance to speak their minds and to be able to build change, within the years I have been attending Alcott rules have been modified. In ways where students appreciate the staff for taking their time to listen and come to an agreement with still having reasonable consequences.
I love that it is a democracy school because students have the chance to voice their opinions on what goes on the school! The students are able to be involved in decisions that are made in the school by administration.
I liked the one on one attention that teachers gave students. There is always opportunity for help and there is a lot of student voice and involvement. It is a democracy school where students make policies and come up with solutions to problems. The only thing I would like to change is to make the school bigger because its a small high school with only 300 students.
I am a Senior at Alcott Humanities High School. I have attended the school throughout my educational career, and I can say that from the time I've spent here it was an overall great experience. The teachers at the high school go far and beyond to make sure that every student is well prepared to attend college. They spend hours upon hours not only during school hours but after too to assist, help and tutor when its needed. Not only is the staff amazing but it's a small school. Since, Alcott is such a small high school it makes it possible to create such a close knit community that is just like a family. The school is great in many ways but there are some things that could be improved. For example the sports. Being a small school restricts the types of sports available to the students, therefore, not having that wide of a variety. Alcott is overall a great diverse and academic focused place to go to school.
Disciplinary personals has always been on it ever since I can remember. I unfortunately was one of the few students who got sick at school and though no medicine was able to be passed out,proper treatment for me was given to make sure I was still healthy and comfortable under the schools watch.
There was a boys and girls club near Alcott where the students got to know each other on a more personal level oppose from being in an academic setting.
I wouldn't change the experience of attending Alcott College Prep as my high-school because the school knew exactly which areas as far as academics, I was able to handle. Not having confidence in myself in math and science classes though I did happen to land myself in the difficult area of math and science versus other students. Not to say who is better ,because I could not even beliee the teachers thought I was even ready for such challenges. Moreover , I wound up passing math and science successfully enough where I did not have to take summer classes or did not receive the chance the graduate.
The teachers made it where their classroom lessons were somehow similar to one another. Dealing with block schedules, though students would have math right after P.E all the classes were intertwined in some way making life easier as far is comparing and contrasting homework
Most of them are great
It's a nice diverse size
It's not the best but it's something to strive to be the best
The policies are ok nothing bad really happens.
There was a lot of bad experience at Alcott i had, i rather not talk about.. But this school just started 8, 7 years ago? Its gotten better in ways.. I wished i had gone to a real highschool and have the real experience of a highschool.. Like alcott doesn't give you a chance to be a adult, when your 18, you still cant do the thing other 18 year olds do in other highschool like leave and eat out for lunch.. i would do this again..
Review Alcott Humanities High School
Some teachers are great, some try, and some just dont want to wast their time on a child that "gives up" because to to hard. But most of the teachers here are great.
We dont have any problems.
Our school has an ok amount of extracurricular opportunities, they made an after school program for freshman to get help for finals for the first time of taking them, and have an after school ACT program for juniors, they have others too.