Alcona High School Reviews

I am a senior at Alcona High School and, through the years I have found Alcona to be a great place to grow up and find the things I love, to know the teachers would do whatever they can to not only help you do the best you can but also to prepare you for your future is one of the best things in the world. The sports teams have accomplished a lot in the last few years and Alcona has added a few more clubs and other sports that they used to not have, I definitely have loved the experience and I think Alcona deserves a four out of five stars.
I would like to see more encouragement to attend college and I would also like to see the teachers be more respectful
My overall experince of Alcona is quite good. We have good staff, and are ciriculum is the same if not better than any of the other surrounding schools. It's a very low populated area, and we only have 300+ students. As long as you pay attention, and study it's quite easy to maintain a good grade just like any other school. We offer a wide variety of classes, and if the school itself doesn't offer it we offer online alternatives. We also have duel enrollment options for anyone who wants to get early college credits. We have professors that come in weekly and teach, but we also provide online duel enrollment classes. We also have a handful of foriegn exchange students who have voiced Alcona was a good school for them to come and learn.
Start Your Review of Alcona High School
I found that through out the years that i attended Alcona High School was not just a growing educational experience but a family bonding experience as well. I was able to develop friendships that became like family with not just classmates, but also with teachers and parents alike. This made my learning experience that much more enjoyable, to be apart of a small community school and to have family like friends throughout my high school career.
The thing that I love about Alcona high school is that it's small enough that you know everyone on a personal level and can become friends with a freshman when you're a senior. The only thing that I would like to see change is for students to be pushed more and have more rigorous classes to help prepare them for college and the real world.
I only play softball and we have the best field in our area.
There isn't a whole lot for students to do beside sports.
I just graduated in May. I have been trying to train and keep my game of baseball going. I am going to Spring Arbor to play baseball and to become a teacher. I feel my parents have done a great deal to help prepare me for the real world as well as my school.
Most of the club activities take place during lunch. (Such as yearbook and national junior honor society) Practices for sporting events take place after school.
Last year we went to a 7 hour day. This makes it really difficult on your workload when you have 3 or 4 exams scheduled the same day, and play sports. The curriculum can be very tough. There are teachers that are very caring and there are teachers that probably should not be teaching. I think that is the case no matter where you go. When teaching curriculum teachers need to test on what they teach.
We use to have a strength and speed class that was very important to our sport's programs. But, that was changed last year to movement of teachers. School spirit is ok, but it is not like it use to be.
If it wasn't for the secretary the school would fail
available only if cafeteria is notified of restrictions

The school makes it someone else's problem sad
school does the best they can I guess
Not prepared for college at all if you don't work on your own

ridiculous, Must have something to do with money from state
Start Your Review of Alcona High School
Good as long as you are in sports. Thank god for woodshop and drama

Same as any rural school.
Sports is everything at our school.