Alcoa High School Reviews

I like the diversity of students as well as how involved the faculty is in making sure that students learn the material. It isn't all about test scores, although the school always performs well. It is more about the overall education that the students receive. They have an outstanding selection of Early Postsecondary Opportunities (EPSOs). Opportunities for success are endless.
I love Alcoa because of the sense on community, one thing I wish they would change is how involved they are with their students one on one for college readiness.
The school itself is relatively new. It was clean and kept at all times (shoutout to the janitors). The food in the cafeteria was much better than many other schools that I have gone to in previous years (again, shoutout to the lunch ladies). The teachers actually cared about their students and made sure that every student understood the content we were learning at the time. Overall I felt welcomed by the teachers and faculty and it was one of the best schools I have went to.
Start Your Review of Alcoa High School
Alcoa High School provided me with many good memories as well as a very valuable learning experience. I was active in many different sports as well as other clubs/organizations. However, Alcoa is what I like to call a "political" school. Success largely depends on who you know or what your last name is. I was able to enjoy my experience without having a lot to offer in those categories but many were not so lucky.
Alcoa was a nice family environment however over the last few years administration has really started to change things for the worse.
Alcoa high School is one of the few tuition schools in the Maryville area. It has a good teacher to student ratio at 1:13, and is great for medical, engineering, and marketing. There is nothing much that i would change at the school.
I loved Alcoa High School. The teaching staff made me feel important, and they made me feel like they cared abut my well being. The school is absolutely beautiful and I really enjoyed my time there.
Alcoa has always been a "football school" but alongside that comes a school with a lot of heart. With every on-field win that's a win for the attitude of the school. The hallways are electric throughout big game weeks, but serious and focused on game days. The academics also benefit from the sports-minded emphasis because all athletes have to be passing their classes to stay eligible to play. Alcoa is a place where everyone can find somewhere to have their something that makes them feel alive.
At Alcoa High School, there are only 600 students. With such a small population it’s awesome to get to know everyone. Also, Alcoa is extremely diverse. I get to mix in with different races and cultures and everyone is accepting of everyone else. The teachers are amazing and are more than willing to go out of there way to help me with whatever I need to become successful. However with it being such a small school, there aren’t many clubs and activities.
I loved Alcoa High School! Alcoa is a very welcoming community and the school is just the same. There are children from all different types of backgrounds who share all different types of ethnicities; however, they all come together. They also provide a high academic as well as athletic atmosphere.
I had a wonderful experience at Alcoa High School. The academics are great and students are always encouraged and given opportunities to advance. The teachers are helpful and supportive. Alcoa is like a small community which is nice.
The teachers at AHS are for the most part amazing and will work well with the students with respect. We are a small school so there isn't much of a variety in classes. We have AP classes in English and Social Studies courses, but I think that the majority of students would benefit and prefer taking more AP science and math courses which we have none of. Administration is awesome and supports students and staff greatly.
I like how the teachers care about you and take the time to teach you if you need help with something. I'd like to see more of a balence in activities instead of it be all about one thing.
I love this school so much. The teachers is wonderful and always helping kids who struggle and need help. They did pay attention to kids and teaches us really great. I have been learning a lot for past two year at Alcoa High school. They change my educated and effort and learn how to be wise and smart. The teachers are very friendly and I felt like we are family and care each others.
As a parent and a sub for the system, I have gotten a first hand look and the inner workings of the system. They are definitely top notch. The rooms have the latest technology, latest curriculum and knowledgable teaching staff. The sports are unbelievable. They community support and pride is evident! It's great to be an Alcoa Tornado
The teachers go above and beyond to ensure every student has the oppurtunity to not only succeed academically but personally.
My favorite group is singers! Its the best class because it let's you show your vocal talent.
Start Your Review of Alcoa High School
What makes this school unique is the one on one contoraction with the teacher
My teacher, coach Dunn, is one of the best teachers I've ever had. He explained the material with great detail and he makes it fun and entertaining. Its never boring.
Safety is really important having bullet proof glass, locked doors usually have 1-2 police men patrolling the school making sure everything is okay. Not really any bullying problems we have 2-3 nurses and 1 trainer. Overall its really safe and keeps everyone healthy