Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Alcoa High School is a highly rated, public school located in Alcoa, TN. It has 682 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Alcoa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-175 Students
- B102 Students
- B71 Students
- B-70 Students
- C+68 Students
- B56 Students
- B53 Students
- A+49 Students
- B-43 Students
- B39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Alcoa High School Reviews
Alcoa High School has fantastic teachers and staff. They're friendly, nice, caring, and truly want to see you graduate. You don't have to be afraid to see them after or before class if you're struggling, and you're free to talk to them without feeling like they will make fun of you. The academics are amazing, the sporting events are fun, and everyone is nice!
I loved Alcoa High School! Alcoa is a very welcoming community and the school is just the same. There are children from all different types of backgrounds who share all different types of ethnicities; however, they all come together. They also provide a high academic as well as athletic atmosphere.
Great experience! Caring staff that goes above and beyond for the students. Small school where you are not just a number but a name.