Alcoa High School is a highly rated, public school located in Alcoa, TN. It has 635 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Alcoa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-163 Students
- B98 Students
- B67 Students
- C+65 Students
- B62 Students
- B+52 Students
- B48 Students
- A+45 Students
- B-38 Students
- B34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Alcoa High School Reviews
I loved Alcoa High School! Alcoa is a very welcoming community and the school is just the same. There are children from all different types of backgrounds who share all different types of ethnicities; however, they all come together. They also provide a high academic as well as athletic atmosphere.
I like the diversity of students as well as how involved the faculty is in making sure that students learn the material. It isn't all about test scores, although the school always performs well. It is more about the overall education that the students receive. They have an outstanding selection of Early Postsecondary Opportunities (EPSOs). Opportunities for success are endless.
The school itself is relatively new. It was clean and kept at all times (shoutout to the janitors). The food in the cafeteria was much better than many other schools that I have gone to in previous years (again, shoutout to the lunch ladies). The teachers actually cared about their students and made sure that every student understood the content we were learning at the time. Overall I felt welcomed by the teachers and faculty and it was one of the best schools I have went to.