Alcoa High School is a highly rated, public school located in Alcoa, TN. It has 582 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Alcoa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-125 Students
- B-66 Students
- C+52 Students
- B-47 Students
- B43 Students
- A+40 Students
- B39 Students
- B31 Students
- C+30 Students
- B27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Alcoa High School Reviews
I loved Alcoa High School! Alcoa is a very welcoming community and the school is just the same. There are children from all different types of backgrounds who share all different types of ethnicities; however, they all come together. They also provide a high academic as well as athletic atmosphere.
Alcoa has always been a "football school" but alongside that comes a school with a lot of heart. With every on-field win that's a win for the attitude of the school. The hallways are electric throughout big game weeks, but serious and focused on game days. The academics also benefit from the sports-minded emphasis because all athletes have to be passing their classes to stay eligible to play. Alcoa is a place where everyone can find somewhere to have their something that makes them feel alive.
At Alcoa High School, there are only 600 students. With such a small population it’s awesome to get to know everyone. Also, Alcoa is extremely diverse. I get to mix in with different races and cultures and everyone is accepting of everyone else. The teachers are amazing and are more than willing to go out of there way to help me with whatever I need to become successful. However with it being such a small school, there aren’t many clubs and activities.