Alcoa High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-90 Students
- B-40 Students
- B-39 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-34 Students
- B25 Students
- B20 Students
- B+18 Students
- B17 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Alcoa High School Reviews
Review Alcoa High School
As a parent and a sub for the system, I have gotten a first hand look and the inner workings of the system. They are definitely top notch. The rooms have the latest technology, latest curriculum and knowledgable teaching staff. The sports are unbelievable. They community support and pride is evident! It's great to be an Alcoa Tornado
The teachers at AHS are for the most part amazing and will work well with the students with respect. We are a small school so there isn't much of a variety in classes. We have AP classes in English and Social Studies courses, but I think that the majority of students would benefit and prefer taking more AP science and math courses which we have none of. Administration is awesome and supports students and staff greatly.
There are some teachers that I really love at Alcoa, but there are some that really get on my nerves. Herr Brown, my Economics and German teacher, really tries to interact with the students and makes it fun. Plus he is very knowledgeable and is always available to talk to about anything. Mr. Daugherty, my Physics teacher, is extremely intelligent and continues to blow my mind with new things every day. However, there are teachers that shouldn't be teaching in my opinion. Coach Dunn teaches Theory of Knowledge, World History, and US History. He really baffled me the first time I entered his class. He allows kids to curse and we only have a maximum of 7 grades in a whole semester. The thing that really upsets me in his class is the fact that if anyone tries to argue against his opinion he immediately shoots it down. There are others like me in the class that don't agree with his teaching style and his opinions, but there other students who try and argue on the teacher's behalf and they say very outrageous things. Of course he will never say anything bad about them but as soon as I try and voice my opinion with reason and logic he shoots it down. Plus there is another teacher by the name Mrs. Gornto who's grading is very inconsistent. But overall the teachers at Alcoa High School are pretty good.