Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A45 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+40 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-17 Students
- B16 Students
- B+14 Students
- C12 Students
- NG8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Alchesay High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Alchesay High School Reviews
Review Alchesay High School
The majority of the students attending Alchesay are of Native American blood. We aren't different from each other because literally every one has the same eye color and hair color. Everyone gets involved in the basketball season, because basketball is what the reservation values the most. All of my classmates are always at the games, cheering on the basketball team. Peer pressure, is something that's not really a problem. If it was, everyone would be talking about it. Acceptance, isn't really a problem either. I have a couple of gay friends and they haven't experienced any type of negativity yet. So if it wasn't for the occasional fight that took place, the school would be great.
I'm kind of undecided if this school is actually safe or not. Yeah, I love attending here and all, but I remember at the beginning of the school year, we had a school wide lockdown and I was stuck in one of my classes for 2 1/2 hours. Then we had another lockdown, and another lockdown, all in the span of just a couple of weeks. It started to get annoying and repetitive. But on the bright side, the office was very quick about getting the word out about a lockdown. Concerning bullying at this school, I've said that I was never bothered. My friends weren't bothered that much either. But I do know of some people who were bullied and how it ended in a scuffle. When there is an occasion were safety measures had to be performed, they brought dogs in and search our bags, which I didn't mind because I had nothing to hide anyway. I never really ventured to the nurse's office because it's quite a long walk, but if I did, she was always helpful and gave me the correct medications that I needed.
All throughout my years at Alchesay, I enjoyed every bit of it very much. I was never bothered by others or experienced any form of bullying. Once I broke out of my shy shell for a couple of teachers, it made that class one of my favorites. I got to see my close group of friends everyday and hang out with them all the time and still manage to get work done. Activities that took place in the school such as pep rallies and basketball games is what I loved to attend the most. The school spirit is phenomenal. What I believe that makes this school unique is the fact that a large majority of the students are of Native American blood. Here, we are our own people. Culture is strong in this school and I love how the staff and teachers respect that. If I could be reborn again as a Freshman, I would definitely want to attend this school again.