Alchesay High School is a public school located in Whiteriver, AZ. It has 474 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A54 Students
- A-53 Students
- B+49 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+19 Students
- B18 Students
- B-18 Students
- C17 Students
- B11 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Alchesay High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Alchesay High School Reviews
My experience at Alchesay High School is that not only did it help me with an education but by helping me define whom and to what purpose I serve. I would say it's not your stereotypical high school. We don't have bullies, we bring each other to success. I enjoy it because you know you won't be alone for long, everyone accepts each other. Not only because we're all one color but because we're all connected one way or another. Despite the upper hand of the great things, there is always a place for improvement. The improvement the school could use is Advance Placement for those of us who excel. The most thing I wish we could have is a chemistry lab. We only have a classroom that is not suitable for such biological experiments.
The academics are satisfactory. Theres room for improvement. Excellent, and competative sports that usually make it to the first round of state. Emphasizes going college and making resources avaliable to apply for school and scholarships.
The majority of the students attending Alchesay are of Native American blood. We aren't different from each other because literally every one has the same eye color and hair color. Everyone gets involved in the basketball season, because basketball is what the reservation values the most. All of my classmates are always at the games, cheering on the basketball team. Peer pressure, is something that's not really a problem. If it was, everyone would be talking about it. Acceptance, isn't really a problem either. I have a couple of gay friends and they haven't experienced any type of negativity yet. So if it wasn't for the occasional fight that took place, the school would be great.