Albuquerque High School Reviews

I really enjoyed attending Albuquerque High School because of the diversity. The student body and activities ranged all over the board, consisting of unique clubs and all different types of people. My teachers always seemed to be passionate about their jobs and reaching out to students. I rated AHS four stars instead of five because of the lack of college prep the school provided. I am now in my third year at the local university and I do not believe Albuquerque High prepared me or even encouraged their students to attend college.
It’s a okay school. There should be more activities and clubs. Most of the teachers are boring and don’t really teach us. The math department is very good, but the English department needs work.
Overall my experience was good, but I think that some classes and teachers could be improved. I've heard some of the school has been renovated now, but I haven't seen it for myself. I liked attending AHS.
Start Your Review of Albuquerque High School
Albuquerque high school has helped show my fellow classmates and myself about diversity and culture and how everyone is unique in their own way and how everyone has a different learning style and it is best to learn in your way! No other school has been like this in my experience.
Albuquerque High Schools academics are very good. There are a wide range of varieties for all students to choose from based on their interest. There are a minimum of changes I would like to see for this high school. One change I would suggests are more challenging things in the classrooms.
i am a senior now and i've liked going to Albuquerque High School, it is a very good school and the academics is great, so is the spirit
What I liked about AHS is the community and unity. I was welcomed very well when I was knew, and we have all passed this tradition to to others. I would like to see an improvement in the bathrooms, this seems silly, but other than that its great!
I love Albuquerque High school. The school spirit is amazing and everyone knows everyone. it is very diverse and there is so much you can do from sports to many different clubs like Native American club to National art honor society.
I went to Albuquerque High School for all four years. Most of the teachers I had helped and made the graduation process much easier. There were some teachers who didn't seem to care about their students and their well being. The school offers many clubs, activities and sports allowing everyone to be involved in some way.
There were great things and not so great things. I was in AP classes which gave me a different experience than someone who took regular classes. You have to put in the effort. You get out what you put in.
I love the bilingual program and the great opportunities it offers for the future! The teachers offer great advice and most of them have very good teaching experience. The best part about the education is being able to take as many classes as you want, especially the open enrollment to the AP classes offered at the school. The people and the culture is always easy to be a part of, since they are mostly from the same backgrounds as yourself. Very good school!
Albuquerque high was a stepping stone in my life that was very necessary and being at Albuquerque high made four years of high school pass by in a breeze. Thanks to all the teachers and friends who helped me find my way.
Over the past three years at Albuquerque High School I've had a great experience, despite all the typical High School challenges. It's a great school that offers many great opportunities, and is filled with awesome staff and students.
Enjoy the diversity of the school and meeting new students. If any changes, maybe smaller class size.
I had an awesome experience at Albuquerque High throughout my four years, I will definitely recommend this school to my family members and friends, the teachers are awesome and very helpful !!
I attended this school all four years and I enjoyed it!! It is a diverse school that celebrates multiple cultures with open arms. There are a good amount of teachers who genuinely care about the education and well being of their students. There were so many ways to get involved, tons of clubs sports and academic organizations that were available to students. Overall not a bad school to attend I could not imagine attending high school anywhere else.
i have absolutely no problems with Albuquerque high school, however, i do believe that it is one of the biggest mistakes that I've made in my life. i am a sports fanatic and i feel that Albuquerque high school was the wrong school to go to because the athletic department is wack. it needs to be rebuilt.
Start Your Review of Albuquerque High School
Going to Albuquerque High School for four years has been a great opportunity. The teachers, students, and environment have helped me develop the skills and knowledge I need to succeed in life. I love that Honor and AP classes are offered to prepare us for college and even earn college credit. A change I would like to see within my school is better organization through the tedious construction project that is currently in process.
Albuquerque High School is really diverse school and it has been a pleasure working with the teachers here at this school. I have been greeted with amazing new friends and amazing teachers who have helped me throughout my high school career. This is School to be!!
I'm not going to say that AHS is perfect; no school is. I'm not going to say I never noticed the graffiti on the bathroom walls, or the sniggering teens... Yes, AHS has its flaws and sometimes the staff and students can rub you the wrong way, but the thing I love about AHS is the diversity. The students, the staff, the culture...and I don't just mean on a racial level: we have the star quarterbacks and the overly confident cheerleaders. We have the nerds, the band kids, the student council...we've got them all. AHS is a family, bound together by differences and flaws, and perfectly content being different. But even beyond diversity, AHS has so many wonderful teachers who genuinely care for their students—who go out of their way to help those who ask for help. That is the one thing all of our teachers share. Hidden behind all those pop quizzes and homework assignments is a teacher that cares and a loyal friend who will stick their neck out for you.