Albuquerque Academy Reviews

Academy will prepare you for college. The teachers and administration truly care about you. The school is meant for students who want to excel and who want to continue their education after high school especially in a rigorous manner.
The teachers seem to enjoy teaching and listen to students. The administration is very competent and continues to advance the school. My child learned how to study and spend her time effectively and is doing well at college.
I liked the atmosphere quite a bit but it was very competitive. The teachers were all wonderful and enjoyed their jobs very much. I was extremely ready fro college academics-wise. Socially, I was not ready because Academy is very isolated.
Start Your Review of Albuquerque Academy
Albuquerque Academy has prepared me for college better than any other high school in Albuquerque could.
Really great experience. Had an amazing high school career and so glad for the opportunity to graduate from Academy.
Academy is great for the same reason The Hofbrau was great in the late 80s/early 90s. You went there on Wednesday because everybody else would be there (and to hear Gene Hood). The school itself is good, with good teachers, good resources, reasonable class sizes, caring administration. But the school is great because many of the most talented kids are there.
Great school, gets better and better the higher the grade. Generally 8-9th grades are not very enjoyable, but they prepare you and make you appreciate 10-12th. Amazing community, generally very honest and welcoming.
Mock Trial, Musicals, Math Club, Entrepreneurship Club, a multiplicity of sports offered (most of which they really excel at). Basically there is anything there that your student could wish for. If they want something new the school helps them with setting it up.
Very knowledgable in their subject, enjoy teaching and do their best to help all students learn effectively.
Great academics, really knowledgable and helpful teachers, wide range of subjects available
I always feel safe at school. There seems to be a policy for every situation.
There are many options from which to choose.
I do not like the experiential education program. But the school does a nice job of creating well rounded students who develop a love of learning.
Although not all of the teachers are great, many of them are. The vast majority of teachers enjoy working with students and are able to adapt their teaching styles to help individual students.
The academics are top-notch here. Teachers ask a lot of their students but are also understanding and helpful. Mostly everyone here wants to excel, and each student finds a special area where they are talented. The curriculum is challenging, and there are a lot of requirements, but there is also enough flexibility so that everyone can take the classes they want. There are innovative classes here--take for example Godzilla (11th grade course), which combines English with American History. The academics here are usually regarded as the best in the state, and have been named fifth best in the country.
Our campus is very open, and people not associated with the school can be seen on the running paths. This being said, it seems that our campus is secure and we always have security personnel on guard. In recent years the school implemented a padlock system, and only teachers can open classrooms. The response to this has been very negative, and most teachers keep the doors ajar anyway. The environment here is very open-- students leave their backpacks lying around, and no one fears that anything will be stolen. Personally, I feel very comfortable here, but the openness may scare people who are not used to it. Our nurse is very helpful and the health program is great. We also have an entire counseling team that is on constant watch. Rarely do kids slip through the cracks here. For such a difficult school, the general happiness and mental health is good.
There is a huge variety of sports that one can take part in, from diving to soccer to tennis. We have incredible facilities and many teams win state championships regularly. The drama department is wonderful, and our speech and debate program is highly successful. Students can choose different levels of commitment in their activities. Varsity sports and theatre require a lot of commitment, but there are also clubs that don't ask very much of students. Everyone can find something they are passionate about here, and if they can't, they can easily start their own club.
Start Your Review of Albuquerque Academy
The teachers are one of the best parts of the Albuquerque Academy. They are incredibly invested in and dedicated to all the students. They are always helpful and supportive. Many have post-graduate degrees and all teachers are incredibly smart. I have nothing but the highest admiration for all of my teachers here.
This school has changed the course and scope of my academic life. It had engaged me creatively as well as academically and I am grateful every day for the experiences that I have shared with my class of 2017.
Teachers engage students wholly by being passionate about their teaching subject as many faculty members have a Doctorate in their subject.