We are a private, coeducational, college preparatory day school serving middle school and high school students in grades 6 through 12, located in Albuquerque, NM.
We believe that children's lives change when their natural passion for learning is nurtured and transformed into habits of life-long learning and reflection. We believe that the world changes as these children learn to serve country and community with wisdom, conviction, and compassion.
Albuquerque Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B102 Students
- A+78 Students
- A69 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+56 Students
- A-54 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+53 Students
- A49 Students
- A+46 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Albuquerque Academy Reviews
The academics are rigorous, but they have prepared me for college. Like many other schools, Albuquerque Academy also has many clubs, sports, and extra curricular activities that can balance the year.
However, Albuquerque Academy comes at a price. Although the school has been high-achieving, I strongly believe that amazing teachers, resources, and opportunities could be found for no cost with enough effort.
There are some things that could be improved. The high-stress, competitive, culture of the school is my main objection. Teachers and administrators should structure the curriculum and our classes in a way that better fosters our natural curiosity and incentive to learn rather than our currently more grades and rating-oriented system. More diversity in the student body would be a refreshing change, and... better food couldn't hurt. :)
Taking this into account as well as the good quality of education and college prep, I'd rate it around 4/5 stars.