COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Around the world, the 2020-21 school year promises to be like none other. Albuquerque Academy is committed to providing the world-class education our students and families have come to expect. At this reimagined Albuquerque Academy, we have created an environment that will allow students to flourish while keeping them as safe as possible as we face an unknown future. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
At Albuquerque Academy, labels and boundaries don’t apply. Like our teachers, Academy students are world-class artists and athletes, scholars and explorers. The Academy is one of the top schools in the country, and we set each student on their own lifelong path of learning and doing. Through challenging coursework, deep connections with faculty and friends, and meaningful experiential education, our students grow to understand the greater world and how they can go out and serve it with wisdom, conviction, and compassion.
Albuquerque Academy is a non-denominational, coeducational, independent day school serving 1,149 students in grades six through 12. The diversity of our student body fosters mutual respect and the sharing of unique ideas, important components of learning and growing. Your child, too, has unique gifts and talents that can benefit from and be served by our community.
Albuquerque Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B144 Students
- grade A92 Students
- grade A+91 Students
- grade A+79 Students
- grade A minus73 Students
- grade A+69 Students
- grade A+63 Students
- grade A+60 Students
- grade A+58 Students
- grade A+57 Students
Experience Albuquerque Academy Right Now!
Visit our website for three fun activities led by Academy teachers: - Creative Contraptions: Rube Goldberg Engineering with Ms. Turner - Kitchen Grooves with Mr. Corbin - Meet Your Inner Artist: Backyard Botanicals with Ms. Green
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
- All the great privileges seniors get!16%
- Tennis Team winning state11%
- Graduation speaker - always past Academy Graduate9%
- President Keller Speaking9%
- Munch Pudding7%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 20 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B
Albuquerque Academy Reviews
One of the biggest priorities in teaching is that you have a good chemistry in the classroom; AA excels in this category, with each classroom only consisting of around 10 students, so that you can get tight with your classmates.
Finally, the campus is truly something to marvel at. Glistening bricked buildings are surrounded by either towering trees or sunny, REAL grass plains. It offers a wide area for kids to not only 'hang out,' but also eat lunch with the tweeting birds. (Not that there isn't a cafeteria.)