Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Albuquerque Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B86 Students
- A+75 Students
- A57 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+46 Students
- A45 Students
- A45 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Albuquerque Academy Reviews
The academics are top-notch here. Teachers ask a lot of their students but are also understanding and helpful. Mostly everyone here wants to excel, and each student finds a special area where they are talented. The curriculum is challenging, and there are a lot of requirements, but there is also enough flexibility so that everyone can take the classes they want. There are innovative classes here--take for example Godzilla (11th grade course), which combines English with American History. The academics here are usually regarded as the best in the state, and have been named fifth best in the country.
Our campus is very open, and people not associated with the school can be seen on the running paths. This being said, it seems that our campus is secure and we always have security personnel on guard. In recent years the school implemented a padlock system, and only teachers can open classrooms. The response to this has been very negative, and most teachers keep the doors ajar anyway. The environment here is very open-- students leave their backpacks lying around, and no one fears that anything will be stolen. Personally, I feel very comfortable here, but the openness may scare people who are not used to it. Our nurse is very helpful and the health program is great. We also have an entire counseling team that is on constant watch. Rarely do kids slip through the cracks here. For such a difficult school, the general happiness and mental health is good.
Academy is great for the same reason The Hofbrau was great in the late 80s/early 90s. You went there on Wednesday because everybody else would be there (and to hear Gene Hood). The school itself is good, with good teachers, good resources, reasonable class sizes, caring administration. But the school is great because many of the most talented kids are there.