Albertville High School is an above average, public school located in Albertville, AL. It has 1,290 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Albertville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-133 Students
- B103 Students
- A96 Students
- A82 Students
- A79 Students
- A-66 Students
- B48 Students
- A-42 Students
- B-36 Students
- B+35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Albertville High School Reviews
I am proud to be an advocate for my high school, Albertville High School, located in Albertville, Alabama. All four years of high school have been nothing short of wonderful for me. I have been a class officer all four years. This year, my senior year, I was Class President. This has allowed me many opportunities to be very involved with activities promoting school spirit. Our facilities are some of the best in the State! I've had a close relationship to my teachers and administrators. My high school offers a wide variety of academic and extra-curricular choices. Students of all backgrounds have a place here. Albertville High School has a special place in my heart. I've literally grown up at AHS. My mother is the school secretary, so I've spent a lot of time there. Thank you for allowing me to share my overall high school experience with you!
Albertville high school has great facilities and wonderful staff. They are well versed in several different sports. The only thing I believe Albertville is lacking is teachers with a goal to prepare their kids for college or career and making their schedules and experience tailored to their specific needs and wants. I have been apart of Albertville city school my whole life and I am lacking in many skills I need to be successful in life and they need to start from a younger age teachering children what it is like in college and the real world, what to expect, and what to do. The school system overall is going in the right direction but teachers should be screened and go through a better process to be qualified to teach today’s youth.
Albertville high school has the potential to be a wonderful school although they tend to focus more on wealthier students. The school offers numerous opportunities but they need to focus more on applying those opportunities to ALL students, not just the wealthy ones.