Albertus Magnus High School Reviews

This school is a small, suburban Catholic school who instills these values in students from their freshmen year. I wish they would focus more on academics and make their courses more rigorous.
The school meets the needs of its student but it does not go beyond the necessitates.
There aren't a lot of clubs, if you want to get involved then you'll have to go elsewhere.
Start Your Review of Albertus Magnus High School
Too be honest, it is a nice small school, but I'm no so sure the price of tuition is worth it.
They love to see you interact. Engage with them and they will carry you through.
My experience at Albertus was okay. There were definitely things I would change about it, including how unaccepting it is of people who do not follow the strict "Catholic" standard they seem to only uphold for the students.
Some teachers at Albertus Magus do go above and beyond to help teach you and spark an interest in learning. Other teachers do not really care and seem to only be there to get their yearly salary. Those who do care though, will make your time at Albertus enjoyable and fun.
The extracurricular activities at this school are highly encouraged, from having to do 20 hours of community service for theology and all the options of clubs and sports to choose from no one should be an "8 to 2er". An "8 to 2er" is someone who shows up right when school starts and leaves as soon as the bell rings for the end of the day. In all 4 years of albertus I have never met someone who didn't do a sport or club after school. Sports are always supported by "Falcon nation" or "Magnus Mafia" which is the student section. Last year when the girls basketball team made it to States over 200 students were bused to the game to show their support. We were also voted best Student Section of 2015. Theater is also widely supported and is known for putting on the best show for Spring.
They have a 0 tolerance for bullying. If you are caught bullying you will be suspended up o 3 times and on the third offense they will ask you to leave the school. Police walk through the school at least once a day to make sure everything is okay and we have monthly fire drills and lock down drills. The school nurse is always available and will help you with anything you need from borrowing uniform clothes for the day to your health and making sure everyone isn't sick. I believe that the school is very safe and reliable.
I've made some of my life-long friends at this school and some are even teachers. This school is wort every penny and i would definitely send my children there and would recommend other people to. This school is so welcoming and such a family environment everyone gets along with each other and wants everyone to succeed. The sports programs are also really good too and they are now getting a turf field. Everyone always supports the sports teams and theater.
The teachers all have extra help at least two times a week at reasonable hours. Many teachers also allow you to come during lunch or your free time to help you with anything you need. I have never had a problem trying to get in touch with my teacher or had any problems with them. This school is seriously a family and it was the best 4 years of my life.
The extracurriculars are awesome there are tons of community service opportunities. We also have a good amount of clubs that let any student get involved at any time. Our sports are also awesome and have different levels for anyone to get involved!
Our schools is extremely safe. For bullying we have Bridge-it and the teachers are so open at Albertus that you feel you are always about to talk to them. The one thing I don't like is we don't have a greeter or security guard at the door. However cops do patrol the building.
I wish there were more clubs, and better sign up/info about the ones we have.
We have assemblies all of the time.
I wish there were more extracurricular clubs.
The teachers here are very good and caring. They are underpaid compared to public schools. We lose some to higher paying public school jobs.
Start Your Review of Albertus Magnus High School
My overall experience at Albertus has been tottaly different from a lot of other kids in the county that go to public school. First of all I hate saying I go to school because Albertus is more like a home. Everyone at Albertus is truly an extention of family. I personally participated in sports and clubs at Albertus. What impacted me the most was defiantly the soccer team I can reflect back and look at all the things it has tought me like hard work, dedication and sportsmanship. I also have gained friends that I will have for a life time. My most favorite thing at Albertus is my relationship with a bunch of my teachers. We are able to laugh and joke around but also I feel comfortable telling them things. Overall the minute I stepped into Albertus at open house I knew it was the place for me. I was overwhelmed with the sense of community, family and spirt. I will always be AM!
The teachers at Albertus are amazing. Not only do they teach consistently in the classrooms a lot of them are also phenomenal coaches outside of school. Another thing I love is the relationship you build with your teachers you get to know them on personal levels where they can relate to u and help u with things other then school. All of my teachers have been prepared for class with engaging lesson plans and I do not dread going to anyone's class because I thoroughly enjoy them all!
I think my school has great health and safety. We have lots of assemblies against bullying and have an online app to report bulliying in case it happens. I have never heard of someone in my school that has been bullied. Everyone is pretty accepting of different people. The school nurse is also very good. She cares about all of the students and makes everyone feel welcome to her office. I feel secure at my school as we have a good security system and practice safety drills often.