Albert P. Brewer High School Reviews

This high school offers a variety of classes for students to take, good academics, and offers mAny clubs. Prepares students for college too. Could improve on the sports though. Good and safe school for kids to learn.
This is a wonderful facility with wonderful teachers. I enjoyed my time at this school. I could go talk with my teachers if i needed someone to talk to. Also they have many different career tech. classes that help you prepare for the future profession you want or they help you decide on the path you wish to take.
I graduated Albert P. Brewer Highschool in May of 2016. As an honors student, I had the necessary knowledge and preparedness for college. The school strives to have students be involved with new projects that help both the school and the community around them. Albert P. Brewer is a well-developed school, but it does need a bit more of diversity in order for students to gain first-hand knowledge of other cultures.
Start Your Review of Albert P. Brewer High School
Offers a variety of classes and extra curricular classes. Teachers are helpful to students. Would like to see more involvement in sports. Prepares students well for college and careers.
I graduated in 2004, and I loved Brewer. Best band director, life changing teachers, fun classes. Its a good school that puts a focus on the arts.
Rain Drop, Drop Top, AP Brewer's lit non stop. it's lit. lit. lit. lit. lit. lit. lit. lit. lit. lit. lit. lit. lit. #yeeyeenation
Albert P. Brewer High School is a well diverse school with a lot to choose from academically as well as extra curricular activities.
My experience with Brewer has been very positive. The school has many electives and academic opportunities so I can explore my interests. The only thing I might change is for the addition of courses to better prepare students for after high school careers.
My experience at Brewer was both challenging and rewarding. I loved high school and I am so happy that Brewer was my high school. I highly enjoyed all my classes and was very involved in extracurricular activities.
You can't be gay, an atheist, or anything like that or people will treat you badly.
The popular classes are the career tech classes. I took electronics and its very infornative and fun. Most girls choose cosmetology and most boys choose auto tech. The teachers that teach career tech are the best ones here. They are nice, communicate with thier students, offer help, and give great advice on life choices.
I'll start with the nurse. If you're sick you get to go home. Most people use this just to go home early because the nurse doesnt care. Bullying is a major problem at this school. I was bulied for not believing in the same religion as the other students. The school does NOTHING about it and that's what led to the kid killing himself. We have nothing in terms of personal safety. We had i.d cards but they stopped caring about those and we threw them out. We have like one school resource officer and he stays does stairs and talks with the principal. If this school were to be attacked, they would not know what to do because they think that it won't happen to them.
Clubs are only used for a time slot on half days. Most of time the students go to the cafeteria (no club) to chat and play on thier phones. We have the basics like art club, fccla, spanish club, fta, and sign language club. Most people go to the book club to talk and play on their phones. Band and sports are really the only after school activities. Sometimes ROTC people stay for drills and lectures but that's it.
My experience at this school has been interesting. My favorite experience is a tie between when the school tried to hide the fact that a kid killed himself over bullying and when the school did nothing after a kid had a gun in his car and was talking about shooting up the school. Don't you love when it takes the students protest to get the school to show respect over the kid who killed himself, or when the school doesn't do a lock down drill or anything of the sort after the shooting threat? What makes this school unique is that it cares more about its football team (which is terrible) than the education of the students. I would not go to this school ever again. The teachers don't care, the principal is top busy checking short lengths to acknowledge the bullying situation, and the students are dropping out left and right.
The teachers at Brewer high range from excellent to poor. Most teachers here don't even teach. They give us worksheets and tell us to use our phones to look it up. The Freshmen teachers are most likely the best ones in terms of communication skills and their teaching styles. They have teachers who give worksheets and count that as tests and exams. Sometimes they'll just make us watch a movie and grade that as a test. Teachers talk to students a lot, but not about education or things like that, they talk about sports and hunting.
We have a policeman constantly around
The teachers are way behind in teaching.
Start Your Review of Albert P. Brewer High School
The honors teachers are the only ones who try.
There is a school nurse for health. There is a school resource officer for added safety.
All students are encouraged to join a club.