Albert P. Brewer High School is a public school located in Somerville, AL. It has 909 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-90 Students
- A-85 Students
- A71 Students
- A69 Students
- B-68 Students
- A65 Students
- B+64 Students
- B44 Students
- B35 Students
- A-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Albert P. Brewer High School Reviews
There honestly isn't that much to like about Brewer. Some of the teachers really care for you and want to see their students succeed, while others have favorites, and if you aren't a favorite, they make their class hard for you. We do have a dress code, but you don't have to follow that if you're a skinny athlete. Other people get sent home for wearing the same thing as those athletes. Overall, Brewer's system is not fair and only certain people are treated the way they are supposed to be treated.
Their are many extracurricular activities available at Brewer High School, however majority of them are sports related. The sports are fun to participate in for the most part, other than the coaches. The band and robotics program is amazing though! They are critically acclaimed in their fields. The boys and girls basketball programs both had the opportunity to be very good this year, but the coaching was lacking. The students who play sports vary in their commitment. Many only play to be with friends or stay in shape; very few of our players are truly committed to the game. Those who are in band and robotics, however, are very committed.
The Teachers at Brewer are exceptional! Not only do they fully devote themselves to their career, they devote themselves to the students. I adore speaking to my teachers and allowing them to help with with plans for the future. Inside the classroom I always find myself intrigued by the knowledge and dedication to each topic. Thank you teachers for doing your job above and beyond any expectations!