Albert M. Lowry High School is a public school located in Winnemucca, NV. It has 964 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Albert M. Lowry High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+120 Students
- C52 Students
- B45 Students
- B29 Students
- B-29 Students
- A19 Students
- A17 Students
- B16 Students
- A-15 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Albert M. Lowry High School Reviews
The school is mostly friendly and staff is easily approachable. There are a lot of classes to choose from and the administration will do the best to accommodate you. There needs to be more clubs, out of school activities and student groups involved. The teachers need to be more understanding when it comes to absent work that is not school ditching. The food for the lunches are not that great and we need more time to eat our lunches and do what we need to do. The school day can be longer just so we have a longer lunch. I like the location and being at school but there are some things that can be improved or even better.
Lowry High School offers an amazing High a scho experience. Most teachers are willing to work with you beyond their required efforts to ensure your success and understanding of material. Though much of the staff works hard to provide the optimal experience, student interaction within the school tends to be segregated and it can be difficult for new students especially to make friends. With this however, a variety of. Extracurricular activity opportunities ranging from leadership, to cheerleading, to drama provide students with tailored groups they may join to better find individuals with similar interests. With an exquisite staff, Albert M. Lowry High School is indeed an exceptional learning institution.
Albert M Lowry high school was an alright school. The teachers were mostly pretty nice and cared about their students. Most of them pushed their students to do their best. The only problem with Lowry was that they cared too much about sports. They gave the students who participated in sports preferential treatment and treated rodeo as though it wasn't a sport even when the rodeo students did better in school than the other sports students. Other than that it was a pretty good school.