Albert Lea Senior High School is a public school located in Albert Lea, MN. It has 1,192 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Albert Lea Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+55 Students
- B38 Students
- A+25 Students
- B-24 Students
- B22 Students
- A19 Students
- A-19 Students
- C+17 Students
- A15 Students
- B+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Albert Lea Senior High School
- B-Alden-Conger Secondary School
- Alden-Conger Public School District, MN
- 4 reviews
- B-NRHEG High School
- New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva (NRHEG) School District, MN
- 21 reviews
- B-Northwood-Kensett Junior/Senior High School
- Northwood-Kensett Community School District, IA
- 10 reviews
- B-Glenville-Emmons Secondary School
- Glenville-Emmons School District, MN
Albert Lea Senior High School Reviews
I loved the atmosphere in Albert Lea High School, between the students and the teachers I had an overall amazing experience. I got to meet so many people and make so many connections at Albert Lea High School. My senior year I worked as an Office Workers for Dani Bryant in the back office, this was one of my favorite experiences while at the High School. I got to work right under administration and help with anything they needed. I also enjoyed the Tiger Pride Program at the High School, this program involved guiding incoming 8th grade students to adapt to the new school, help study, teach leadership, and positivity. Being a Tiger Pride Leader was so accomplishing and I loved going to guide that class every morning.
ALHS was very inclusive towards all types of students, and actively tried to get students involved in activities. I enjoyed the wide variety of clubs and extracurriculars available to students. The teachers were generally very positive and helped all students to learn, even when faced with difficult situations.
My experience with Albert Lea Senior High School has been incredible. The school made me challenge myself and push myself to my limits by offering college classes. I've taken advantage of the college classes they offer and I'm so glad I did. The school isn't perfect, but what school is? Being a underclassmen for so long has made me look forward to being a senior, but being a senior is stressful and disappointing. Our principal has taken away privileges that seniors get to have; for example, togas. Besides from getting some privileges taken away from us, I'm glad I went to school here. I got to grow up with all of the peers and I know almost everybody in my class by name, which is amazing that we can all be close and connected.