Albert Lea Senior High School is a public school located in Albert Lea, MN. It has 1,181 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Albert Lea Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+49 Students
- B32 Students
- A+25 Students
- B-20 Students
- A19 Students
- A19 Students
- B+18 Students
- C+17 Students
- B+15 Students
- A12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Albert Lea Senior High School
- NGAlbert Lea Area Learning Center
- Albert Lea Public School District, MN
- BAlden-Conger Secondary School
- Alden-Conger Public School District, MN
- 4 reviews
- BNRHEG High School
- New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva (NRHEG) School District, MN
- 17 reviews
- B-Northwood-Kensett Junior/Senior High School
- Northwood-Kensett Community School District, IA
- 10 reviews
Albert Lea Senior High School Reviews
My experience with Albert Lea Senior High School has been incredible. The school made me challenge myself and push myself to my limits by offering college classes. I've taken advantage of the college classes they offer and I'm so glad I did. The school isn't perfect, but what school is? Being a underclassmen for so long has made me look forward to being a senior, but being a senior is stressful and disappointing. Our principal has taken away privileges that seniors get to have; for example, togas. Besides from getting some privileges taken away from us, I'm glad I went to school here. I got to grow up with all of the peers and I know almost everybody in my class by name, which is amazing that we can all be close and connected.
I really enjoyed my time at ALHS! There are wonderful teachers that you can go to for more help than just class issues and an amazing staff that works hard every day to keep the school clean. One thing that was sort of bothersome was how things were constantly changing. Whether it was how we ran lunch or what the schedule was for the day it was changing every school year or multiple times a year. Overall, wonderful school.
Albert Lea High School is a very welcoming environment. There are many art and athletic programs to get involved in and meet new people. The classroom experience is good, teachers are there to help you and make sure you understand the material they are presenting. Most classes are challenging but there is always a way to get help as needed to meet your full potential and be successful. I'd like to see administration more involved and active with the students learning goals. The facility is beautiful and the classrooms, lunchroom, gym, etc. are clean and ready for learning and growth. Great place to attend high school.