Albert Gallatin Area Senior High School is a public school located in Uniontown, PA. It has 1,111 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+116 Students
- A-76 Students
- C+61 Students
- A+58 Students
- B+57 Students
- A40 Students
- B+27 Students
- A-25 Students
- B25 Students
- C+19 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesC+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Albert Gallatin Area Senior High School
- CLaurel Highlands Senior High School
- Laurel Highlands School District, PA
- 166 reviews
- C+Brownsville Area High School
- Brownsville Area School District, PA
- 92 reviews
- CJefferson-Morgan Middle/High School
- Jefferson-Morgan School District, PA
- 21 reviews
- B-Uniontown Area Senior High School
- Uniontown Area School District, PA
- 119 reviews
Albert Gallatin Area Senior High School Reviews
Albert Gallatin Area High School is an excellent school. It might be less fortunate and not have as much money as other schools in the area, but the administration and teachers make it a great learning environment. There are plenty of fun extra-curricular activities students can participate in, including sports, drama club, young astronauts club, and so many more. The teachers are all very helpful and make sure students understand the content they're teaching. The biggest problem with the school, however, is the fact that almost any money the school gets goes into the football team or the cheerleaders. While it is nice to have a football team and cheerleaders, others sports, such as soccer, struggle with the old equipment and uniforms. Other than that, Albert Gallatin Area High School is an excellent school, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to attend for four years.
Most of our teachers not only gave us the education we needed but tried to prepare us for the real world. Out of my four years of being a student I have only ever felt disappointment in our district once. As all know, our country has, unfortunately, faced several school and general public shootings. Our school made an attempt to provide the student body with a small form of protection. Their idea was to obtain metal detector wands. However, their idea of using them was unrealistic and in the end, may not have solved anything. Their plan was to not want everyone who had walked through the door, but to choose a select few out of the course of each day. That was the day I wasn't at all proud to be a colonial. That idea of selection just wasn't who we were/are. and I was not at all proud to be part of it. If anything could change in the district, it would be to have full body metal detectors. That way that idea of selection they had can be thrown away.
I love Albert Gallatin . The staff have their good days and bad days. The teachers are great they sit and help you work out your problems if you don't understand or just don't get the problem. I've went to Albert Gallatin all my life and wouldn't consider any other school. Theirs not to many things wrong with our school . The only thing I would say they needs work on is the school lunches , they could also work on the halls ,they get quite packed. Other than that it's a fabulous school. The kids are great too, we build ourselves up we don't break each other down. We don't really have racism or discrimination here either. I think you'd have a wonderful time at AG.