Albemarle High School Reviews

I really love Albemarle High School, not only for the opportunities they offer individuals, but the help the staff gives as well. I participated in the marching band, and I was able to create a family within. I have also gotten lots of help from the teachers, and I feel comfortable going there. The courses are able to challenge you but you can also get help when needed and whatever you are going through, you are not alone.
Albemarle is a very diverse school. A lot of the teachers are really good at what they do and give everyone the opportunity to get a good grade. Our sports programs are also very good when it comes to soccer, basketball, or football. I think something the school could change is to renovate the school and add more to the building so that it's less over crowded. The building is very old and the student population only keeps growing.
I enjoyed my last fours at Albemarle High School. The school was great at encouraging student to attended a high level institution after graduation. The teachers were willing to work with you and make sure you understood each class assignment. School spirit was amazing! Each school event you could sense the pride we had in our school. Albemarle is a really diverse school and students will make amazing friendships. The school food was horrible! Sophomore year I started packing my lunch.
Start Your Review of Albemarle High School
Albemarle High School is a very diverse school. The school's diversity adds value to the school and could make it a great place to learn, but unfortunately, races often remain separate. Albemarle High School has fantastic resources and great diversity, but these things are sometimes ignored.
I love the sense of community that exists between staff members and students, the only thing I would like to see change is more diverse elective classes being created!
I like that there are teachers who are engaging and care about the students. They make themselves available for the students outside the class and offer opportunities for aid when a student falls behind.

I don't like that the school is overcrowded. I wish more of the teachers able to take the time for one on one attention with students. Each student learns at their own pace and it is not the best learning environment for all students to be pushed through the material just because the student teacher ratio does not allow for more personal attention.
I like Albemarle High School the only thing I have to say negatively is the lunch food , I would like to see an improvement in that
Albemarle has meant so much to me in so many different ways over the years. There is so much to do and so many great people from students to teachers and the energy surrounding the school is unmatched. Such a phenomenal school and I am proud to be able to call myself a patriot.
Albemarle High is a good school. Unique to AHS are focus-oriented "pathways", or where students can plan a four-year course selection based on a subject they're interested in (ex: Arts and Letters, etc.). And of course there's MESA (the Math, Engineering, and Science Academy), a highly prestigious and selective program focusing in STEM helping students ultimately take undergrad engineering courses by junior and senior year. Overall, teachers really help you engage in learning at AHS!
Albemarle High School does a good job of trying to include people from all different backgrounds into their education programs. We have many clubs there including political, language, and LGBTQ+ clubs. The food is not the best and there' not much diversity, but for the diversity we do have, they're very inclusive.
Overall, I liked it. The teachers were mostly friendly and really wanted the students to do well. My coaches were all good people. There were some classes and teachers I didn't like, but that's anywhere. I made really good friends at Albemarle that I'll have for a long time.
Albemarle High overall is a wonderful school and the four year experience there will be remembered for years to come. I feel that due to the teaching, resources, sports teamwork and many other factors that I am well prepared to step into my next accomplishment.
I had a great experience. It's intimidating at first because of the size but you will find a group and you will make friends for life. The teachers are amazing and the really care about how well you do. The teachers are also very well educated and know what they teach. The only downside was that administration struggled, with 2,000 students they didn't do well at spreading their time and effort to all students.
The students seem to be very racist with their comments and conversations. A lot of sexually active kids, even freshmen.
Albemarle High School is a good place to meet people who share your interests and passions. Along with this aspect, academics and fine arts at this school operate at a high level. Given this characteristic, it is a very competitive environment, which can be detrimental to some while others flourish.
A great school. Have had a tremendous four years at Albemarle High School. Great and friendly teachers and staff who want to see you succeed in life.
The school is a pretty good school. We are very advanced academically. This school smells like a sewer about once a month and some of the teachers are actually insane.
Start Your Review of Albemarle High School
Throughout my experience at Albemarle High School I have experienced many positives and negatives. Albemarle has, and will continue, to contribute as much growth to the county of Albemarle. I personally was a member of the Cross Country as well as the track team and from that experience I gained a good reputation of becoming a student athlete. I feel as though the teachers, as well as the programs, were helpful for giving me insight for my trip to college. I know that the teachers have taught me important information to use in college and to my entrance into the real world. Honestly I wish the counseling was a little better for the application for college, yet overall I had a positive experience here in high school.
My experience at Albemarle High School was not bad, but it was not the best either. If the food was better and the way teachers taught was better then my experience would be different. I would not say this is the worst high school because I know it could be worse, but a lot of things should be changed at Albemarle High School. It was a good four years and I am glad I will be furthering my education.
its a great school but the kids in it just need to get better and add more clubs and have more fun i know that i would join but