Albemarle High School Reviews

As a recently graduated senior, I feel immensely prepared in regards to academics. Honors and AP classes are generally demanding, and are presumably reflective of what introductory college courses will expect of you. The school has wonderful outreach and volunteer opportunities, such as the peer tutoring program, Key Club, Beta Club, and more. I had a few bad experiences with administration, but teachers were almost always kind and relatively accommodating. The school culture can be difficult at times, as students often only associate with those in their circle, which can make it difficult for incoming students without a defined “identity” to find their group. However, I believe that the experience was undoubtedly better than it would have been if I had attended another nearby high school.
I’ve only been at Albemarle for two years but I know that this is a great school. It’s very large, which can be both beneficial and a disadvantage. With so many people attending this school, you will meet a lot of diverse people and hopefully make friends with some. This could also be seen as a disadvantage, as you may not know everyone and therefore could be missing out on a potential friend. Nontheless, most kids here are very friendly and kind- along with the teachers. The teachers here are very caring and want to bring out the most potential in you; meaning they can be strict, yet kind. I also find the fact that we have elevators for people who may be handicapped when it comes to stairs very helpful if that’s an issue. I would only suggest this school to people who can handle large crowds in hallways and some classes. Overall, this school offers several different classes a student can take to learn more about themselves or work towards their chosen career.
The teachers at Albemarle High School prepared me well for college. The MESA program gave me a bit of a leg up compared to other students when entering the engineering program at our University. This helped my adjustment to college and living on my own a great deal. The clubs and activities that this school offered also let students take a break from academics and explore other interests and passions that each student had. Overall, this school really helped me learn more about what I liked and didn't like, and helped me achieve my dreams of going to college.
Start Your Review of Albemarle High School
I think that AHS is a very good school.I have learned so much while I was there.I learned how to be apart of something bigger than yourself.I have learned that not all teachers are bad.Also I have been on so many adventures while I was here like the time I went to New York.
Albemarle High School is a very locally diverse school with motivated teachers who want each of their students to excel. As a new student, I have felt very welcome at this school and gotten to know most of my teachers very well. Although, Albemarle is a large school, this is beneficial when trying to find your own group of friends because there are so many students who are interested in different things.
Lovely school, the teachers are very willing to help with anything you need. Any program you could want to be involved with is available to participate in, and if it is not you are encouraged to start that program with the help of a teacher advisor. Great school.
After spending four years in this school, I can certainly say that I really enjoyed my experience in this school and I think they provided a lot of support both academically and socially. This school taught me many lessons that I shall carry with me in the future and friends that I will cherish throughout my life.
I love the inclusive environment. Albemarle is a great place to make friends and learn. Albemarle Allows people to excel and offers plenty opportunities.
Albemarle High School is diverse and has many opportunities for all different types of learners. The music program, in which I participate, is especially strong, with a nationally recognized jazz band.
The demographic diversity of AHS is significant, and it is in AHS that I learned more and more and exotic cultures and ideas that always fascinated me. I have met many hard-working, knowledgeable, accessible teachers that lended me
Albemarle High Scool is an academically rigorous school with a lot of character and spirit. There are multiple ways to get involved from clubs to sports to drama. The teachers are willing and ready to help you be successful in the classroom.
Albemarle is a very nice school. It is large, so there are a lot of students and diversity there. There is a large variety of classes to take that can fit many interests. Most of the teachers are pretty nice, but strict enough to keep everyone focused, and free enough to enjoy learning.
I really love Albemarle High School, not only for the opportunities they offer individuals, but the help the staff gives as well. I participated in the marching band, and I was able to create a family within. I have also gotten lots of help from the teachers, and I feel comfortable going there. The courses are able to challenge you but you can also get help when needed and whatever you are going through, you are not alone.
Albemarle is a very diverse school. A lot of the teachers are really good at what they do and give everyone the opportunity to get a good grade. Our sports programs are also very good when it comes to soccer, basketball, or football. I think something the school could change is to renovate the school and add more to the building so that it's less over crowded. The building is very old and the student population only keeps growing.
I enjoyed my last fours at Albemarle High School. The school was great at encouraging student to attended a high level institution after graduation. The teachers were willing to work with you and make sure you understood each class assignment. School spirit was amazing! Each school event you could sense the pride we had in our school. Albemarle is a really diverse school and students will make amazing friendships. The school food was horrible! Sophomore year I started packing my lunch.
Albemarle High School is a very diverse school. The school's diversity adds value to the school and could make it a great place to learn, but unfortunately, races often remain separate. Albemarle High School has fantastic resources and great diversity, but these things are sometimes ignored.
I love the sense of community that exists between staff members and students, the only thing I would like to see change is more diverse elective classes being created!
Start Your Review of Albemarle High School
I like that there are teachers who are engaging and care about the students. They make themselves available for the students outside the class and offer opportunities for aid when a student falls behind.

I don't like that the school is overcrowded. I wish more of the teachers able to take the time for one on one attention with students. Each student learns at their own pace and it is not the best learning environment for all students to be pushed through the material just because the student teacher ratio does not allow for more personal attention.
I like Albemarle High School the only thing I have to say negatively is the lunch food , I would like to see an improvement in that
Albemarle has meant so much to me in so many different ways over the years. There is so much to do and so many great people from students to teachers and the energy surrounding the school is unmatched. Such a phenomenal school and I am proud to be able to call myself a patriot.