Albany Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Albany, MN. It has 541 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Albany Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+27 Students
- A+21 Students
- B+16 Students
- B+15 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-8 Students
- B8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Albany Senior High School
- B+Melrose Secondary School
- Melrose Public School District, MN
- 26 reviews
- A-Rocori Senior High School
- Rocori Public School District, MN
- 119 reviews
- BHoldingford High School
- Holdingford Public School District, MN
- 31 reviews
- B-Upsala Secondary School
- Upsala Public School District, MN
- 27 reviews
Albany Senior High School Reviews
They want everyone to get involved; there are many clubs and activities for everyone. The teachers are pretty good. The school is adding many new facilities and expanding. The only thing is they say many things but a lot of times they don't always come through with what they said. And the security is almost to much. It seems as if students can't really do anything unless there is a teacher breathing down their neck.
Albany Senior High cares. Most of the staff from the teachers all the way to the janitors want what is best for their students. The surrounding community as well make sure that the their future generations are getting the best lessons and education. Plus, with the renovations coming up, the school will look and feel a lot more modern.
Albany has provided me with a fairly unique high school experience. The overall appreciation and emphasis on education leads students to follow their own path, but this is juxtaposed by the culture of fitting in throughout the town and surrounding area. This creates a dynamic of kids who like do express themselves openly and freely mixed with kids who are content being the same as their parents and ultimately everyone else.