Albany Leadership Charter High School for Girls is a public, charter school located in Albany, NY. It has 369 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
19 Hackett Blvd
Albany, NY 12208
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+42 Students
- B-22 Students
- B20 Students
- A19 Students
- B-19 Students
- A+17 Students
- B15 Students
- B13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B+12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Albany Leadership Charter High School for Girls
- C+Green Tech High Charter School
- Public School
- Albany, NY
- 23 reviews
- B-Lansingburgh Senior High School
- Lansingburgh Central School District, NY
- 75 reviews
- B-Waterford Junior/Senior High School
- Waterford-Halfmoon Union Free School District, NY
- 20 reviews
- B-Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Senior High School
- Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District, NY
- 28 reviews
Albany Leadership Charter High School for Girls Reviews
This school is unique because of the fact that it is an all-girls and charter institution. It provides an environment where girls can feel comfortable, appreciated and supported by their peers and teachers. This school is small and so promotes individual attention and close relationships. My decision to re-enter this school would be torn between the fact that although I enjoy the small and comfortable atmosphere, I may prefer to attend a larger school that has more opportunities.
Albany leadership's teachers are very kind and friendly, I a different backgrounds of people meet in school and respect each other most of the time, the classes are very serious about studying and learning, the mock regent exams give us the opportunity to see how the real regent looks like.
From middle school I had really low self esteem I never believed in myself and I never thought I was capable of having really good grades. Upon entering Albany leadership they have made me realize my potential and helped me build my skills in all the areas I needed. The teachers were very flexible and were willing to help anytime I needed. Now I'm a junior still attend this school I'm rank 1 in my class and have a 4.1 gpa none of this would've been possible without the help of the amazing teachers that worked diligently with me to better my self confidence and academic success.