Albany Leadership Charter High School for Girls is a public, charter school located in Albany, NY. It has 363 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+46 Students
- A25 Students
- A+22 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-22 Students
- B21 Students
- C+16 Students
- B15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Albany Leadership Charter High School for Girls
- B-Green Tech High Charter School
- Public School
- Albany, NY
- 24 reviews
- B-Lansingburgh Senior High School
- Lansingburgh Central School District, NY
- 75 reviews
- B-Waterford Junior/Senior High School
- Waterford-Halfmoon Union Free School District, NY
- 23 reviews
- B-Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Senior High School
- Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District, NY
- 28 reviews
Albany Leadership Charter High School for Girls Reviews
I’m currently a junior attending Albany Leadership Charter Highschool for Girls. My time at this school will always be remembered. I made some really great friends and really appreciate how much the teachers and staff took their time out for the students, they were always there when I needed help. Besides that, there were always community dinners held, fundraisers, after school activities which enriched the school culture. Also since it is relatively a small school mostly everyone knows eachother which is great because over the course of time you start to develop a bond, a connection with your teachers. Overall I had a great experience at Albany Leadership.
Great school honestly. They are very focused on academics, however, there aren't many after school activities, but the ones they do have are very fun. Sometimes it's a bit disorganized, but nevertheless a great school.
Albany Leadership is a place where girls can be themselves. I like how in this school everyone is not afraid to be who they are and here it is like safe space. Everyone has mostly their own group of friends they hangout with but in away we are united. As a senior I enjoy that the senior class gets along well with each other and that we can laugh and have fun. At this school everyone build each other up and are their sister's keeper.