Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Albany Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Albany, TX. It has 221 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Albany Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-26 Students
- A+20 Students
- B-17 Students
- B16 Students
- A+12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+10 Students
- B+8 Students
- A8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Albany Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Albany Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I really enjoy going to my school because of several important factors. The school pride is incredible and everyone is always supporting one another. We are quite small, which makes it easier to join sports teams, but that doesn’t mean our sports teams are bad. One of our science teachers Mr. Raymond is extremely great because he makes sure to spice up the class a bit to keep us students interested in our education. Overall, I really enjoy being able to call myself an Albany Lion.
Attending Albany High School has definitely shaped me into the person I am today. I like that it is a small school and everyone knows each other on a personal level, and getting help from your teachers is not a hassle. One thing I would change would be able to have the opportunity to pick through many different classes.
Albany Junior/Senior High is a great 2A school. We excell in both academics and sports each year. The community is very involved and supportive of all school activities.