Albany High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+115 Students
- B-71 Students
- A+53 Students
- B-48 Students
- A+42 Students
- C+42 Students
- A41 Students
- B40 Students
- B36 Students
- A-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Albany High School
- A-Troy High School
- Troy City School District, NY
- 144 reviews
- B-Schenectady High School
- Schenectady City School District, NY
- 120 reviews
- B-Cohoes High School
- Cohoes City School District, NY
- 44 reviews
- B-Lansingburgh Senior High School
- Lansingburgh Central School District, NY
- 75 reviews
Albany High School Reviews
Review Albany High School
Albany high school was a good place to learn. Classes definitely prepare you for college applications/intro classes in college (comparative to many other schools), but the classes were very limited in choice. People are now trying to shut down advanced placement classes which would put everyone at a disadvantage as all non-honors/AP core classes taken were dry, slow and boring. The highlights of the school were definitely the classes that weren't forced upon you by requirements (such as ROP Photography). Teachers were mostly great thought!
Albany High School was pretty amazing. I was pretty nervous starting my first year here. As I continued to go to school I became vary aware of different intentions and selecting the right path that was best for me. Becoming to grow as a teenager was pretty hard, but with all the help with the staff as well as my guidance counselor it became very valuable to me. I loved my friends and got along with all of my associates. This is a diverse high school with many great people. It gives you an opportunity to socialize with a variety of cultures. As well as a chance to get into some extracurricular activities. The games are really fun to watch, everyone is supportive and have a positive vibe. I would very much consider this school for anyone looking for an incredible experience!
I went there from 9th to 12th grade. The services they provide are awesome, they're always looking out for their students. However, the students at the school are terrible. A good amount of kids graduate but most would fail, get held back a grade, or drop out. The students are very violent and are bullies, they look for anyone and any reason to pick on. The school itself is great to attend especially when there are very helpful amd caring teachers. The counselors and psychologists provide a good support system as well. This school does everything they can for students and that's the main thing i credit it for the entire 4 years of my attendance that led to me earning a diploma.