Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Albany High School is a public school located in Albany, MO. It has 115 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B27 Students
- B10 Students
- C10 Students
- A-8 Students
- B+7 Students
- B7 Students
- C6 Students
- B-6 Students
- A-3 Students
- A3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Albany High School
- CSouth Harrison High School
- South Harrison County R-II School District, MO
- 25 reviews
- C+Worth County High School
- Worth County R-III School District, MO
- 2 reviews
- B-King City High School
- King City R-I School District, MO
- 8 reviews
- C+Pattonsburg High School
- Pattonsburg R-II School District, MO
- 9 reviews
Albany High School Reviews
Growing up in this school district and being here my whole life, I would say I have had an average experience. I wouldn't say that there is anything specific that made my experience better. It is a small town, so we don't have much diversity and culture. Also, since we are low populated, our friend groups are small...which make sit difficult to feel accepted or to make new friends. I would say other than that, I had a pretty average experience.
Albany High school is a fun small-town school. Everybody knows each other which brings that sense of family. Over the years the school building itself has gone downhill, but the same traditions and urgency to learn are still here.
We have extracurricular, but we have to pay for most of the equipment. The equipment we do have is in poor shape and people can get hurt will using. Not everyone participates because they feel out of place.