Albany High School Reviews

Albany has such potential to be a good school. It's a good size, but not too big and because it's such a small town, the school is so friendly and "home-y". However, it's like no one -- not the teachers or any administration -- care about their jobs or their students' futures. Every now and then, you may luck up with a great teacher, and you'll never forget them, but I just wish there was as much focus on education and college preparation as there was on sports.
My personal experience with Albany High School was a great environment and community minded. Albany High School's staff was unprofessional and did not treat students that were not in advance placement classes the same as the higher level kids. I was in all advanced placement classes, and personally I felt that I and my class mates were treated better than those who chose not to participate in the more challenging classes.
Other than the occasional teacher that truly did not deserve to teach, all faculty and staff were very good and driven to provide a good education. Overall, the only thing that needs to change is how much money goes to football vs. academics.
Start Your Review of Albany High School
It gives opportunities around this small town that other schools in bigger towns do not get. Opportunities such as: CNA, Patient Care Technician at Literacy Center in Walker, EMT, First Responder courses, etc. This school is very positive and supports students' influences. They have a strong disciplinary system as well. The teachers have strong, knowledgable abilities and really try to help us succeed.
The teachers do to the best of their teaching abilities. They work very hard with us in preparing us for college. We write lots of essays and do tedious amounts of work and they make it very clear that it is our responsibility to work hard if we want to maintain to have good grades and be successful in our futures.
We have a lot of opportunities to take honors and AP classes at my school.
There is not a lot of peer pressure at my school.
We have a policeman that the schools in our district share, as he goes from one school to another to show his presence.
Albany is not the best by a long shot, but those who care push it along in the right direction.
Our school may not be the best, with the best faculty, but we make the best out of our experiences there as students.
The teachers at my school teach well. Some go the extra mile for the students, some are just mediocre.
Mostly I feel safe while I am at school. We have a nurse on campus. Visitors must check in through the office and get a visitors pass.
Our school has football, baseball, softball, cross country, track and field, dance, and cheer. We have a variety of different clubs.
My father went to my school when he was younger so the teachers and administrators know him. The faculty is very friendly. It's great when everyone knows your family and is friends with them. This is because it makes being at school together much easier.
Some teachers are consistent with their work, but other teachers tend to slack off.
The safety is average at the school. If one was to watch the school, there are very noticeable patterns in the school that nobody really notices.
The extracurricular activites are average at best. Not a lot of sports or clubs for people to join.
Start Your Review of Albany High School
The teachers here actively help the students because they care about what they do and they want the students to become successful in life instead of doing what people normally do in this area.
The safety policies has always been handled pretty well for the most part. There is a police who stays and monitor the school daily, making sure there are no threats, so I feel safe at this school even though I've never been given a reason not to. On the other hand, bullying will probably always remain the same. But, from what I have noticed from my freshman year to being a senior; bullying has improved by a lot.
The extracurricular opportunities at Albany High School are pretty good, there are several clubs that are for a good cause. Such as FCCLA, SADD, 4-H, and a couple of more. But it's the fact that the SADD club tries their best to educate everyone on drugs and alcohol, they even put on a show with students, firefighters, polices, and parents involved to show everyone how serious it can be. It became very emotional for most people, so I'd say the level of commitment is pretty committed to the club. The FCCLA is the same, the students helps out our community by doing their services and to build it for the better.