Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+54 Students
- B+46 Students
- C+44 Students
- C41 Students
- A-37 Students
- C36 Students
- B-30 Students
- A26 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Albany High School Reviews
Review Albany High School
I love Albany High it is a special school with great administration, some really good teachers, excellent programs and an overall good environment, although the food needs an upgrade.
The teachers at Albany High School are 50/50. You have some of them who are only there to get a paycheck, but you also have those who genuinely care about you and your success. Most of the teachers are very knowledgeable in the subjects that they teach in. Just because someone is knowledgeable doesn't mean that they are approachable. Overall the school is decent and has its good nd bad just like any other high school.
I've been at Albany High for 3 years now and it is my last. I am in band so of course I'm going to say that, We Marching Chiefs, are the best band in the land. Being there has brought up my GPA and as well ass my grades. I just really wish we had more after school programs, so that kids that go there don't get into so much trouble. The academics are great. We won 2nd in the Academics Decathlon and I will miss that school next year. The people there are nice and they show you around and make you feel like family.