Albany High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+171 Students
- A164 Students
- A+160 Students
- A+144 Students
- A-116 Students
- A102 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+82 Students
- A68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Albany High School
- A+Berkeley High School
- Berkeley Unified School District, CA
- 397 reviews
- A+Alameda High School
- Alameda City Unified School District, CA
- 343 reviews
- A+Las Lomas High School
- Acalanes Union High School District, CA
- 211 reviews
- A+Monte Vista High School
- San Ramon Valley Unified School District, CA
- 217 reviews
Albany High School Reviews
Liberal, attracts Asian and more affluent Caucasian families. Equipped and maintained well as a public high school, great college prep. Teachers are very accommodating and invested in students' careers. They ensure that students have access to all necessary resources: books, tutoring, answering questions in person, via email. Every single teacher I’ve had in my four years has encouraged communication. Teachers share as many extracurricular activities, contests, and programs with their students as possible. Impressive technological resources: photography, video production, graphic design ROP classes have new cameras, tripods, new iMacs, the latest Adobe software. The library is a welcoming, spacious environment for group studying, has newly upgraded iMacs, free printing, and very warm staff who recommend books and resolve tech issues.
What makes this school unique and the reason I would do it all over again is the rich diversity the school has. With student from all over the world, with equally spread out personalities, the school is a unique institution of learning. However, what makes this school special is the open-minds and open-hearts each student and teacher have towards everyone else. Would definitely do it all over again!
The school is very diverse, and has excellent opportunities for students when it comes to academics! It is a small school, but one of the best comparing to the other nearby schools. As people say, big things comes in small packages.