Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Alaska Middle College School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Palmer, AK. It has 177 students in grades 11-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 177 to 1.
Alaska Middle College School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+91 Students
- A33 Students
- B-25 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+24 Students
- A-17 Students
- A17 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Alaska Middle College School Reviews
Alaska Middle College allows juniors and seniors in high school to get a head start on their college education for free! As a senior in high school, I am not only saving money on college tuition but also receiving excellent advising and help from both college advisors and high school teachers/staff. Everyone is there to make sure you succeed and I feel well supported as I make my transition to college.
Alaska Middle School has been an excellent choice for my daughter, as I believe it will make the transition from high school to university a much smoother experience. The program is available for high school juniors and seniors, and is a combination of high school and college courses designed to meet high school graduation requirements, along with allowing the student to attend college classes on an actual university campus. My daughter has been "introduced" to college life a few years earlier than the average incoming college freshman. She has had to opportunity to experience what typical first time college students do ahead of time, and has learned to manage a college schedule, study time, socialization, and has more student autonomy that she did in high school. I truly appreciate the opportunity she has been given, in that transitioning into college from high school can often be a very difficult time for many students, and I feel that she has been well prepared ahead of time.
Alaska Middle College prepared me for what campus life will be as a Freshman. It was a great experience that I would encourage other to participate in. The classes, teachers, resources and students were all amazing. I learned a lot about myself and what study skills I was good at. I also learned where I needed Improvement for when I attend as a Freshman. I was able to attend all sporting events and join clubs on the campus. I used the math lab daily where other students helped me study and find answer to my questions. I enjoyed the safe feeling of the campus and it's overall esthetic. I met many new friends and again believe it was one of the best experiences I have had in education.