Alan B. Shepard High School Reviews

I personally really enjoyed to be part of this school, I enjoyed each and every single moment of it. The one thing I mainly enjoyed was being part of the soccer team, I was able to share my skills with other players and leave on a victory for the school. The only thing I recommend to be changed or at least apply more time into would be find different tutoring times; since many students are not always available the times teachers have open. Other then that it is a very well put together school, my respect!
Alan B. Shepard is a very unique school, dedicated to offering students a one of a kind experience. The school is always incorperating new ways to help aid students who may be struggling academically and strives to get every student involved in activities. Teachers leading clubs make it so that students are not limited to involvement in just one club. Academically, the teachers are focused on making sure all students correctly understand the material, and if not, are willing to make arrangements to help the student with their course work.
(-) the food is kinda bad.., the zero tolerance policy is not enforced like it should be, some of those hallways are too narrow, and not enough attention is being given to the music programs..
(+) teachers a real pretty good and security is always on top of things. There's a lot of different clubs and activities to be involved in. Plus our resource hour on Thursday is pretty cool. The Special Olympics assembly is a great idea to spread love and respect too.
Start Your Review of Alan B. Shepard High School
I like how Shepard is flexible with academics and their activities that they offer there. The staff is helpful to everyone and never leaves any students behind when it comes to academics since they want everyone to have preparations for college and makes strides to make the students work their best. The big change I wish that could be made is our start and end time because I have noticed in the beginning of the day that some of our students aren’t really their best in the morning at 8 and don’t have focus. Also, I feel like there should be some classes that would help us more in the future, like I feel there’s a few classes I did take that really wouldn’t be useful for me in the future.
Shepard is full of good teachers and classes and if dedicated, can provide a student to be ready for college. It’s vast amount of clubs and sports provide a fun experience.
When I transferred into Shepard freshman year all the teachers and staff made it really easy for me to fit in. I wouldn’t say it was hard because I knew so many people coming in but it was still different for me considering I’ve never had to transfer before.
I’m a senior at Shepard High School and I’ve been there since freshman year. I started playing sports my freshman year and I feel that helped me transition from eighth grade to high school. Sports helped me get connected with others and made me feel more opened. Also, extracurricular activities (Spainish club, chess club, year book etc.) helped me became outgoing and gave me a lot of friendships that I still have to this day!
While teachers are supportive of students’ ambitions and goals, there are many students that aren’t motivated enough to even try. This creates a difficult environment for those who want to do well and succeed. Aside from that point, Shepard is a decent school. It has a large selection of electives, and many AP classes to choose from. Teachers want you to succeed, especially is honors and AP classes. The only things that could probably be improved are college readiness, student motivation, and possibly more strict teaching.
Alan B. Shepard is overall a decent school, but there can be some improvements. For instance, there is not that many opportunities to get extra help if needed.
Alan B. High School taught me to adapt with new surroundings and it showed me that being different isn’t a bad thing. When I am in class it is easy to learn something new in a fun way. Everything I did throughout Shepard taught me a life lesson and it taught me that no matter what you do in life, anything can make a difference.
I really loved the teachers at Shepard and the diverse community was fun as well. Teachers are very helpful and want you to succeed. I've met some of the best people in my life at this school. Just watch out for the lunch room- if you're in a busy lunch, it starts to get reallyyy crowded, gross, and annoying.
Overall I had a wonderful experience with Alan B. Shepard High School. I was involved in the marching band, wind symphony, concert choir, show choir, musical, national honor society, tri-m music honor society, French national honor society, and French club.
Alan B. Shepard is a fantastic school that allows kids to succeed. They provide the resources and time to make sure all other their students are aiming towards their goals. Throughout my time spent as a student at Alan B. Shepard, I had created friendships and experiences to last a lifetime. One thing I would like to see changed at Alan B. Shepard is more vegetarian options on their cafeteria menu. Although they have "bosco sticks" (bread sticks with cheese), that is not enough nutrients nor a heathy option for vegetarian students. Overall, my time spent at Shepard was enjoyable and exciting.
I attended all 4 years at Alan B Shepard and was an involved student, I was on varsity cheerleading all 4 years and was apart of a program that worked with our special needs students. While I had many ups and downs and Shepard I would not trade my experience for the world. Shepard is a place where I not only found life long friends but I found myself. Shepard allowed me to express myself and truly discover who I am and who I want to be. I could not be more thankful for the supportive staff and teacher I have met through Shepard. Many teachers would go out of their way in order to help me succeed and accomplish my goals. Shepard has a warm atmosphere and is looked at as a second home to all students who attned.
Shepard is very diverse which was excellent for me coming from a white middle school. While attending I was first introduced to the idea of socializing and working side by side with people of all different colors, shapes, and sizes. The academics were outstanding for honors and standard level classes, however I noticed that the classes offered for lower average classes didn't improve my peers' education level. However starting from freshman year, this school does very well on prepping students for college. I was very ready!
I was there ninth to my eleventh grade. The school is very diverse and open to different things. The school also offers many different sports and activities to keep their students busy. I absolutely loved the school and hated that I had to leave before graduation.
Being an alum of Shepard, I can honestly look back and say that I loved this school. The class I was grouped with was very competitive, causing me to have to work harder to rank higher. The teachers, noticing this, encouraged us to be the best versions of ourselves possible and made external resources available to us to do so. The teachers throughout all grades did not treat you as just another student, but as someone they cared for and taught you in a way that would best benefit you as a growing adult. I felt very respected, cared for, and encouraged at this school.
Start Your Review of Alan B. Shepard High School
I had a great high school experience. There were plenty of athletics and clubs to join as well as volunteer opportunities. The teachers went out of their way to offer extra time for test prep. Overall, I was very fortunate to have gone there.
I enjoyed Alan B. Shepard High School because I thought that many of the teachers at the school were interested in the students and really committed to their job and engaged with the students. Shepard also has many activities to participate in and as a result become involved with the school. At Shepard High School I was able to become a certified Open Water Scuba Diver. One of the things that I would like to see improved at Shepard would be the culture of high school. I would have liked to see less bullying at Shepard and the way some of the students choose to speak to each other. I think that the environment should be welcoming for all students and as a result more careful monitoring. Another aspect of Shepard that I think should be changed would be the buses for the students. The atmosphere in the bus is very hostile and drugs have been used and sold in the bus. The buses must be monitored more closely and anyone seen selling or doing drugs be punished.
Overall Alan B. Shepard was an decent school. Academic wise there ranges from normal, honors, and AP courses. For some subjects the honors isn't much different besides the pace but the AP classes can be much faster and slightly more difficult. Many clubs and activities from academic clubs like scholastic bowl to speech club, drama club, and pop culture club. Sports that include the Cross country, Track, Swimming, are really good while the Football team isn't the best. There is a lot of diversity