Alan B. Shepard High School Reviews

During my time at Alan B Shepard, I found that as a student I was surrounded by great teachers and students. The vast majority of the student body is committed to their education and that translates to a great learning environment. The support is also incredibly good at Shepard. Counselors and teachers are there for students at any point during the school day and even before or after school.
Alan B. Shepard was a great school to attend because of its outstanding faculty as well as classes & courses that prepare you for the college world.
Alan B. Shepard is a good high school overall. It is in a very safe area, and this, in combination with the security guards in place, ensured that I never felt at risk at this school. When it comes to academics, most of my experiences with my teachers has been positive. The worst thing I can say about any of my teachers were that some were boring. Some of the teachers in the math and science departments have had a large hand in shaping my future, and I have had many positive experiences with them. Overall, I am glad that I attended Alan B. Shepard High School.
Start Your Review of Alan B. Shepard High School
my experience was great the teachers cared and was concern about my education. They were very helpful
To begin with, the actions and consequences I encountered at Alan B. Shepard weren't simply scholastics; They were about individuals―social abilities, regard, self-esteem, sympathy, and understanding your own aptitudes. The most vital lesson I learned here is that “Friends come and go." High school demonstrated me both the great and awful in individuals. I discovered that individuals will attempt to cut you down; You have the decision in life to pick great individuals who are steadfast and strong.

Secondly, what I liked about Alan B. Shepard was the diversity. I was able to meet new people who expressed their culture and had the opportunity to educate anyone interested. However, the things I would like to see change at Alan. B Shepard is the food. The food here isn’t that great; Food presentation is very important and appearance is the first thing we look it.
I liked the diversity and the involvement at Shepard. There were many different things to get involved in. I think they could have better food options for lunch to accommodate vegitaritans and vegans. Overall my experience at this school was pretty great.
I personally really enjoyed to be part of this school, I enjoyed each and every single moment of it. The one thing I mainly enjoyed was being part of the soccer team, I was able to share my skills with other players and leave on a victory for the school. The only thing I recommend to be changed or at least apply more time into would be find different tutoring times; since many students are not always available the times teachers have open. Other then that it is a very well put together school, my respect!
Alan B. Shepard is a very unique school, dedicated to offering students a one of a kind experience. The school is always incorperating new ways to help aid students who may be struggling academically and strives to get every student involved in activities. Teachers leading clubs make it so that students are not limited to involvement in just one club. Academically, the teachers are focused on making sure all students correctly understand the material, and if not, are willing to make arrangements to help the student with their course work.
(-) the food is kinda bad.., the zero tolerance policy is not enforced like it should be, some of those hallways are too narrow, and not enough attention is being given to the music programs..
(+) teachers a real pretty good and security is always on top of things. There's a lot of different clubs and activities to be involved in. Plus our resource hour on Thursday is pretty cool. The Special Olympics assembly is a great idea to spread love and respect too.
I like how Shepard is flexible with academics and their activities that they offer there. The staff is helpful to everyone and never leaves any students behind when it comes to academics since they want everyone to have preparations for college and makes strides to make the students work their best. The big change I wish that could be made is our start and end time because I have noticed in the beginning of the day that some of our students aren’t really their best in the morning at 8 and don’t have focus. Also, I feel like there should be some classes that would help us more in the future, like I feel there’s a few classes I did take that really wouldn’t be useful for me in the future.
Shepard is full of good teachers and classes and if dedicated, can provide a student to be ready for college. It’s vast amount of clubs and sports provide a fun experience.
When I transferred into Shepard freshman year all the teachers and staff made it really easy for me to fit in. I wouldn’t say it was hard because I knew so many people coming in but it was still different for me considering I’ve never had to transfer before.
I’m a senior at Shepard High School and I’ve been there since freshman year. I started playing sports my freshman year and I feel that helped me transition from eighth grade to high school. Sports helped me get connected with others and made me feel more opened. Also, extracurricular activities (Spainish club, chess club, year book etc.) helped me became outgoing and gave me a lot of friendships that I still have to this day!
While teachers are supportive of students’ ambitions and goals, there are many students that aren’t motivated enough to even try. This creates a difficult environment for those who want to do well and succeed. Aside from that point, Shepard is a decent school. It has a large selection of electives, and many AP classes to choose from. Teachers want you to succeed, especially is honors and AP classes. The only things that could probably be improved are college readiness, student motivation, and possibly more strict teaching.
Alan B. Shepard is overall a decent school, but there can be some improvements. For instance, there is not that many opportunities to get extra help if needed.
Alan B. High School taught me to adapt with new surroundings and it showed me that being different isn’t a bad thing. When I am in class it is easy to learn something new in a fun way. Everything I did throughout Shepard taught me a life lesson and it taught me that no matter what you do in life, anything can make a difference.
I really loved the teachers at Shepard and the diverse community was fun as well. Teachers are very helpful and want you to succeed. I've met some of the best people in my life at this school. Just watch out for the lunch room- if you're in a busy lunch, it starts to get reallyyy crowded, gross, and annoying.
Start Your Review of Alan B. Shepard High School
Overall I had a wonderful experience with Alan B. Shepard High School. I was involved in the marching band, wind symphony, concert choir, show choir, musical, national honor society, tri-m music honor society, French national honor society, and French club.
Alan B. Shepard is a fantastic school that allows kids to succeed. They provide the resources and time to make sure all other their students are aiming towards their goals. Throughout my time spent as a student at Alan B. Shepard, I had created friendships and experiences to last a lifetime. One thing I would like to see changed at Alan B. Shepard is more vegetarian options on their cafeteria menu. Although they have "bosco sticks" (bread sticks with cheese), that is not enough nutrients nor a heathy option for vegetarian students. Overall, my time spent at Shepard was enjoyable and exciting.
I attended all 4 years at Alan B Shepard and was an involved student, I was on varsity cheerleading all 4 years and was apart of a program that worked with our special needs students. While I had many ups and downs and Shepard I would not trade my experience for the world. Shepard is a place where I not only found life long friends but I found myself. Shepard allowed me to express myself and truly discover who I am and who I want to be. I could not be more thankful for the supportive staff and teacher I have met through Shepard. Many teachers would go out of their way in order to help me succeed and accomplish my goals. Shepard has a warm atmosphere and is looked at as a second home to all students who attned.