Alan B. Shepard High School Reviews

Shepard is very diverse which was excellent for me coming from a white middle school. While attending I was first introduced to the idea of socializing and working side by side with people of all different colors, shapes, and sizes. The academics were outstanding for honors and standard level classes, however I noticed that the classes offered for lower average classes didn't improve my peers' education level. However starting from freshman year, this school does very well on prepping students for college. I was very ready!
I was there ninth to my eleventh grade. The school is very diverse and open to different things. The school also offers many different sports and activities to keep their students busy. I absolutely loved the school and hated that I had to leave before graduation.
Being an alum of Shepard, I can honestly look back and say that I loved this school. The class I was grouped with was very competitive, causing me to have to work harder to rank higher. The teachers, noticing this, encouraged us to be the best versions of ourselves possible and made external resources available to us to do so. The teachers throughout all grades did not treat you as just another student, but as someone they cared for and taught you in a way that would best benefit you as a growing adult. I felt very respected, cared for, and encouraged at this school.
Review Alan B. Shepard High School
I had a great high school experience. There were plenty of athletics and clubs to join as well as volunteer opportunities. The teachers went out of their way to offer extra time for test prep. Overall, I was very fortunate to have gone there.
I enjoyed Alan B. Shepard High School because I thought that many of the teachers at the school were interested in the students and really committed to their job and engaged with the students. Shepard also has many activities to participate in and as a result become involved with the school. At Shepard High School I was able to become a certified Open Water Scuba Diver. One of the things that I would like to see improved at Shepard would be the culture of high school. I would have liked to see less bullying at Shepard and the way some of the students choose to speak to each other. I think that the environment should be welcoming for all students and as a result more careful monitoring. Another aspect of Shepard that I think should be changed would be the buses for the students. The atmosphere in the bus is very hostile and drugs have been used and sold in the bus. The buses must be monitored more closely and anyone seen selling or doing drugs be punished.
Overall Alan B. Shepard was an decent school. Academic wise there ranges from normal, honors, and AP courses. For some subjects the honors isn't much different besides the pace but the AP classes can be much faster and slightly more difficult. Many clubs and activities from academic clubs like scholastic bowl to speech club, drama club, and pop culture club. Sports that include the Cross country, Track, Swimming, are really good while the Football team isn't the best. There is a lot of diversity
Alan B. Shepard High School is definitely a school I am going to miss. The curriculum and teachers really helped to push me to further my education at a year university. Not only did I receive a great education, but my resources to get a good education and resources to help me find the right college were beyond spectacular.
Diverse, at first i found everything uncomfortable but soon i adjusted myself in the environment , start making friends and now my journey begins .
it's welcoming and comfortable but the funding to cheerleading is not acceptable. majority of the teacher are very nice and helpful when students need it. the food isn't as healthy as it could be.
My experience attending Alan B. Shepard High School was really memorable. My teachers that Ive had all my 4 years were more than welcome to help me through my work when i had trouble. No matter what the teachers helped me achieve my goal in graduating from Alan B. Shepard. Besides the teachers and academics having a good note about them the students usually start fights almost everyday, and that is really shameful for a good school such as Alan B. Shepard.
Alan B. Shepard High School as a whole experience has been good for the majority of the years. Some of the best experiences at the school were the social events like homecoming, prom, or sporting events. As well as club activities outside of school, as there were many different ones and most of my classmates were happy to be apart of them. The school was a good as it really helps with social problems, interacting with society, and work with teams or groups.
The teachers at Alan B. Shepard High School overall are good, the teachers I have had try hard to make the lesson interesting an easy to learn o the best of their abilities. Many of them offered help outside of class, for hose who needed or wanted extra help. The teachers all respect the ideas and beliefs of both my and my classmates. In class they had good control of the classroom, and consistency grading practices.
There's been many lock downs due to weapons on campus.
It has many activities for students to engage in.
Most teachers care, others not so much.
The school is great overall!
support is good here from staff.
Review Alan B. Shepard High School
Overall I enjoy that the school is diverse and the classrooms are not that large. what I don't like is lately it has been fighting on the bus and in school and I want to be safe going and coming from school. However the teachers do help me and I can go to my counselor for questions or assistance
Some of the teachers really help me when I have questions or don't understand. I get help during my lunch on my essay and reading and it is very helpful.
This school is great because it offers many sports and clubs. Many of the students are very committed to their desired activity. The teachers are very helpful.